Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
1: An 80% upfront payment to Leverkusen for Bailey (as i understand) would still be spread over the length of the players contract in terms of the profit and sustainability rules and FFP.

If we werent actually able to pay that money then it would be quite worrying for several reasons.

I think we just want to move players on before entering the market and balance those outgoings with any incomings to satisfy the rules + to stop wasting money on wages.

I think we do have backing but need to simply abide by regulations and be more prudent with trimming the existing squad.

2: Kvartskhelia, McNeil and Correa are all of similar profiles with Bailey being a different type of player.

I dont believe the Correa links are true. I wonder if Kvartskelia is an agent pushing his name out there and McNeil is an easy, lazy media or twitter link.

If we are interested in them then its interesting we are focusing on the left hand side when we have Richarlison, Gray, Gordon and Iwobi who can play there.

Correa for me is a definite no.

Kvartskhelia seems like he may be a high potential hidden gem though seems risky.

McNeil offers experience and while he doesnt seem someone who would push us into the top 4 he could be someone that is a solid starter that becomes a rotation option in a top 6 team -- a gradual improvement.

For this type of money Id go for Antony (Ajax), Neto (Wolves), Doku (Rennes), Madueke (PSV) etc etc

If it comes down to McNeil or Kvartskelia, do you take the higher risk option who may have a higher ceiling or the solid premier league player?

3: If we move on (any of) James, Kean, Gomes, Delph, Iwobi, Kenny and a Centre back...

...the priority signing must be a long term right back. It cant be a big gamble, it has to be someone with top level experience.

If by some miracle we managed to shift 7 players then clearly we need a wide player and a central midfielder.

The team needs high potential youth now...no more experienced stop gaps.
Well I'd certainly go for the higher risk option where possible. There is always a premium on British players and there is better value for money to be had elsewhere.

We really need to be getting into Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga for players- always good value to be had and they are markets we seldom utilise. The only reason I can see for signing British is the added complications for Work permits for EU players now. But we have always favoured 'PL experience' over much else.

I'm not sure I believe the Correra rumours either. Odd player to spaff limited funds on, and I find it interesting that this hasn't been picked up by Fabrizio Romano. I know he's not always right, but he tends to retweet other journalists' stories, if they are backed up by his (fairly decent) sources, and there's been nothing from him. Maybe we are just being used to smoke out Inter to pay up - despite their financial troubles.

If they’re after Correa, I just can’t see him being brought as a RW. Seems to be the same player as Richarlison - a CF/LW, the numbers support that. If Kean is not leaving, is this the priority position? Just thinking about it
Richarlison has played right side for Brazil. It’s also about having quality back up. A few injuries and we’re in trouble.

I also think Benitez may play a front 3 at times and not 442. He could play as the split striker or on the left, while Richarlison plays through the middle. And gray or Townsend on the right.

Last edited:
We've currently got Iwobi, Gordon, Gray and Townsend as wide options if Richarlison plays centrally and people are turning their nose up at Correa!?

He's exactly what we need, an attacking player who *actually* scores goals as well as creating them. Talented player and at just 27 is coming into his prime years.
How often do people need to be reminded. Iwobi can't play football and wouldn't be an option for even Dagenham and Redbridge

Allegedly we have and it was rejected

But that was weeks ago

The latest rumours are about a potential new second bid
They’ve just bought Pedro who can play in similar positions. So maybe lazio need the money or do they need to sell to buy. And think selling Correa can help them invest in more important areas of the team

Why does it need to be a high potential youth with top level experience? Why can't it be great 26 year old?

Because "great" 26 year olds cost twice as much money...

Well I'd certainly go for the higher risk option where possible. There is always a premium on British players and there is better value for money to be had elsewhere.

We really need to be getting into Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga for players- always good value to be had and they are markets we seldom utilise. The only reason I can see for signing British is the added complications for Work permits for EU players now. But we have always favoured 'PL experience' over much else.

I'm not sure I believe the Correra rumours either. Odd player to spaff limited funds on, and I find it interesting that this hasn't been picked up by Fabrizio Romano. I know he's not always right, but he tends to retweet other journalists' stories, if they are backed up by his (fairly decent) sources, and there's been nothing from him. Maybe we are just being used to smoke out Inter to pay up - despite their financial troubles.

Id say having a core of English players is usually a good foundation for a squad.

Also, they are more likely to come in and hit the ground running as theyve got league experience whereas with overseas players they may not adapt to the league or country.

Couldn't afford £15m for Dumfries, so much so we asked for him on loan to try and defer any payment, but we've got double that to bid on this Correa?

Doubt.
But we only need probably 10mil to buy Correa and who knows if that’s all we’ve got until we sell. And maybe the club wanted to use that money to buy another attacker/winger. With 3 wingers gone. Kean & James not interested, siggurdsson not coming back. We’re looking very light in that area.

RB is also a major problem, but hopefully a few. Sales late on means we can get one in.

Couldn't afford £15m for Dumfries, so much so we asked for him on loan to try and defer any payment, but we've got double that to bid on this Correa?

Doubt.
How about they pay 10m upfront and the rest across 4 years?

do you really think clubs hand over the fee I total in a brown envelope?

Status
Not open for further replies.