Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoppe at under 5M is a steal. You will not lose money on the guy. Worst case scenario he's a complete bust (which I don't see happening with his size, athleticism, and technically ability) and he gets sold back to MLS for what you paid for him. At 20 years old he's made enough impact with the USMNT already to be worth that to domestic clubs over here in the States.

Hopefully he'll be an instant impact sub who will dribble at defenders and is a presence in the box at 6-3. He's very much a late bloomer by today's standards, he was a top goal scorer in our national development league but was never called into the youth national team for some reason, which isn't surprising considering how woefully managed our youth team shave been over the last 4-5 years. He signed with Schalke when he was 18 without much fanfare, and then came out of nowhere to be their top goal scorer playing only half of their matches last season after starting the year in the U20's.

From watching Schalke and seeing his goals I assumed he was a fox-in-the-box poacher type, because that's what they asked him to do, but this summer with the Gold Cup showed us a completely different side of his game. He's highly aggressive, will run and press for 120 minutes; he will dribble at any defender from the wing or inside forward position, and his goal to beat Qatar in the semifinals came from crashing the back post and jumping over a defender after running non-stop for 85 minutes.

He actually has a lot of Richarlison in him, and selfishly as an American I would love for him to be Richy's understudy. I'm not saying he will be on Richarlison's level, but his style of play mirrors a lot of what our favorite Brazilian does. High work rate, flair on the ball and an understanding of how to finish in the box.
I dont know much about him other than the stats i saw at transfermarkt - he got 6 goals in 22 games according to that site. Was that really enough to be Schalkes top scorer?
Anyways, a little better than 1 in 4 isnt super impressive, but hes young and for the 2m price quoted i cant see it going too sideways should we bring him to Everton.

I dont know much about him other than the stats i saw at transfermarkt - he got 6 goals in 22 games according to that site. Was that really enough to be Schalkes top scorer?
Anyways, a little better than 1 in 4 isnt super impressive, but hes young and for the 2m price quoted i cant see it going too sideways should we bring him to Everton.
He wasn't super impressive last season but Schalke stunk. This is definitely a potential signing. He's got a lot of traits that could become a good player.

1 in 4 for a 20 year old just moved to another country and playing in their top division is actually quite good.

DCL scored 8 in 44 for Everton at that age Compared to Hoppe’s 6 in 22.

No chance we'll get him on loan with option to buy....unfortunately.
Why. It will depend if someone wants to pay the money now and he wants to join that team. Palace rumoured to be interest, but will he want to join them when he knows Everton or villa are interested.

if we offer a loan with more next sumner than what they are get offered now, then who knows. Also by all accounts he wants to leave.

I get that but he is coming down from the prem. I was thinking of someone on an upward trajectory from the Championship. Sorry I was not clear about that.
I will be honest I haven’t seen loads of him and maybe he struggled in that first season at Fulham in the prem. probably surrounded by dross at they went down.

He went on loan to Villarreal the following season. And was very good from what I read

Surely a signing like Hoppe is the type that people have been saying that Brands should be making.

Signing young footballers at low transfer fees almost automatically means they are not ready yet for the first team.
We ha e seen with some they make adjustment very quickly, some not so quickly and some not at all.

That is the risk with players of this kind but when it pays off it does so handsomely

Status
Not open for further replies.