Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MACCA75

So had a quick look, comparing Davies to our other midfielders from last season.

He lost possession (this obviously includes passes going astray) 173 times in 25 league games.

Allan was at 218 from 24, Gomes 235 from 28, Doucoure 289 from 29 and Delph below at 36 from 8 and Gbamin 5 from 1.

Averaged out per 90, that's 10.92. That's less than all of our other central mids bar Doucoure, who perhaps surprisingly was at 10.61.

I think he keeps hold of the ball pretty well though yes, he's often not progressive enough with it in terms of carrying the ball, but that's the issue with our entire team.
I'm very tired, and mental arithmetic not my strong point at the best of times, but you appear to have conclusively proved that Delph should be the first nane on the team sheet?

@MACCA75

So had a quick look, comparing Davies to our other midfielders from last season.

He lost possession (this obviously includes passes going astray) 173 times in 25 league games.

Allan was at 218 from 24, Gomes 235 from 28, Doucoure 289 from 29 and Delph below at 36 from 8 and Gbamin 5 from 1.

Averaged out per 90, that's 10.92. That's less than all of our other central mids bar Doucoure, who perhaps surprisingly was at 10.61.

I think he keeps hold of the ball pretty well though yes, he's often not progressive enough with it in terms of carrying the ball, but that's the issue with our entire team.
Interesting stats mate.
Tom gets far too much stick on here , and I think that part of it is because he is one of us , and some lads seem even more critical than with others.
Let's be honest his whole senior pro career has been blighted by being managed by absolute tools. (Carlo excepted , but he wasn't interested).

Interesting stats mate.
Tom gets far too much stick on here , and I think that part of it is because he is one of us , and some lads seem even more critical than with others.
Let's be honest his whole senior pro career has been blighted by being managed by absolute tools. (Carlo excepted , but he wasn't interested).
I think unfortunately some of his missed placed passes resulted in goals conceded, which had his card marked. For someone who tries to be progressive with play, his stats are low compared to our other safer pass option players.

Status
Not open for further replies.