2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A good change putting Richarlison more central and Gray out wide for the second half, we were much more dominant from then on.

That was bottom half football rescued by our better players turning up. The football was torrid for a large portion of that game.

Happy about the result, but I cba watching hoofball all year.
If hoofball gets us results in the short term, I don't mind too much. As the season goes on it might get a bit better, but for now it's all about clocking up points.

Benitez said the one thing he was looking for was passion and perhaps for the first time in years Goodison really woke up in the second half and we played with energy, tempo and aggression - maybe not the best football in the world but we who cares. It reminded me slightly of when Moyes was in charge and when Ferguson had the match against Chelsea.

If hoofball gets us results in the short term, I don't mind too much. As the season goes on it might get a bit better, but for now it's all about clocking up points.
Nah, hoofball is all about playing the percentages. It's essentially gambling and not developing a system and way to play that can be reliably implemented to get us results. It's why lesser teams and lesser managers go to that style of play. It relies on a bounce or a moment of brilliance.

We got into some dangerous positions and played decent football in the advanced third. We battled well in the second half and deserved the victory. The most important thing for me was the spirit. We looked like a collective and overall, I'm fairly happy with what I saw today.

Status
Not open for further replies.