First 8 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to do the PL because I don't feel like figuring out how many cup games we'd play if we win the first one and keep going and who knows what the draws will be so I'm just leaving it out. I'm also not going to go game by game because it's always different than you think. You beat Spurs away and lose to Fulham at home and you've got the three points you expected still.

So Saints, Leeds, Brighton, Burnley, Villa, Norwich, United, Wham. That's not that easy of a run. I think we'll probably get somewhere in the 2 to 4 points range from the away games which leaves the four relatively winnable home ones to try and build something on. I don't think we will. 7 out of 12 for me. I'm going with 10 points total.

So Saints, Leeds, Brighton, Burnley, Villa, Norwich, United, Wham. That's not that easy of a run. I think we'll probably get somewhere in the 2 to 4 points range from the away games which leaves the four relatively winnable home ones to try and build something on. I don't think we will. 7 out of 12 for me. I'm going with 10 points total.
? all mid-table or lower except for Utd.

Show me one team with an easier start.

Always fun to revisit these.

Easrly days but the early evidence suggests the manager is doing better than many predicted.

4 or 5 points at a push.
A win v Norwich.
Point at villa.
Point v Burnley.
Huddersfield..out on pens.
Close.
Let the good times roll , if that’s how it pans out I wouldn’t be taking the kids to goodison it’ll be like mad max in there .
Atmosphere seems fine.

Possibly because all those gobbing off about 'giving back season ticket' actually did it. (Or rather they were bedwetting little attention seekers going along with a very vocal minority of those dead set against the appointment)

People seem to forget how apathetic Everton fans are, takes a hell of a lot to provoke serious unrest.

5 points , 8points at best.
But we’ll batter Huddersfield
Not easy this prediction lark.

Always fun to revisit these.

Easrly days but the early evidence suggests the manager is doing better than many predicted.

Close.

Atmosphere seems fine.

Possibly because all those gobbing off about 'giving back season ticket' actually did it. (Or rather they were bedwetting little attention seekers going along with a very vocal minority of those dead set against the appointment)

People seem to forget how apathetic Everton fans are, takes a hell of a lot to provoke serious unrest.

Not easy this prediction lark.
Ok I’ll tell you what sums up this appointment and my concerns which still exist and why my point was in my opinion valid . When we were one nil down , by the way the manager who so far has done well and I’m relatively impressed, but if you were there the atmosphere indicated to me has no real good will In the bank .

so firstly let’s hope he never loses a game , secondly let’s hope if he does that he’s manager to change the situation and got the supporters right behind him but imagine if yesterday was on 1-0 down on the back of a winless 4 games . Don’t kid yourself, my point was in my opinion justified and I’ll further support it , tell my when after that second half performance 5 games unbeaten when the ground haven’t sang a new managers name ?

I didn’t make fanciful predictions I said if it’s not a good start it won’t be pleasant, as it happens we have made a good start so I’m unsure why I got quoted because I still think most fans would agree if we’d lost these 5 games it’d be a very different goodison. That hardly feels controversial.

we’d lost these 5 games it’d be a very different goodison. That hardly feels controversial.
It isn't controversial.

But if we had resurrected HK mk1 and he lost 5 on the bounce it would be just as toxic.

Football fans these days operate in the hear and now.

So long as the team doesn't go on a prolonged run of bad results, you'll be absolutely fine taking the kids.

BTW I wasn't quoting you for any particular reason, I had a quick scroll and picked out 3 that feared a different scenario to what we have seen.

Cheers.

It isn't controversial.

But if we had resurrected HK mk1 and he lost 5 on the bounce it would be just as toxic.

Football fans these days operate in the hear and now.

So long as the team doesn't go on a prolonged run of bad results, you'll be absolutely fine taking the kids.

BTW I wasn't quoting you for any particular reason, I had a quick scroll and picked out 3 that feared a different scenario to what we have seen.

Cheers.

Nah you can’t honestly think it wouldn’t be extra toxic with this guy in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.