Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mood on here is getting pretty bad following the Manu game. Imagine how bad it'll get if we lose on Saturday??

Can’t remember ever being less excited for a season start….. we all know the long litany of reasons why there’s not much to be positive about. Having said that, I’ll watch on Sat and be hopeful of a performance and result. It’s the hope that hurts the most … I’m sure Everton will have me fuming as usual a couple of hours after kickoff.

I'm fairly confident because Southampton are even more rubbish than they were last season which is saying something. However if our record last season is anything to go buy, they will play like Pele's Brazil or Pep's Barca against us while we struggle to pass it out of our own half.

With Reluctant, Crab, and Snail all suffering (if reportings of the Echo are to be believed), terrible homesickness, coupled with Iceland's travails (which we cannot talk about...presumably because he's wealthy), coupled with Seamus needing to work on his crosses (but he's still young and bleeds blue), and sulky Baldy leading the line (wishing he was anywhere else but at EFC), and Hipster (crap) and ......oh you all get my gist....I have never been less an Evertonian than I am now...truly?.. "I do not give afuck"

Here we go, here we go, here we go. Really looking forward to this season under Råfa (more than I was with Carlo Ancelotti in charge) and think it will be a real mixed bag of a ride. Strap yourselves in, the fun is about to begin. COYB!

Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digné
Doucouré Allan
Iwobi James Richarlison

Kean

Everton 2 Southampton 2
Bet you a penny your team is wrong and so is the score, Grey and Townsend, or both, could have a say in how this game finishes. I’m going for a good performance and a victory for the Blues, but honestly couldn’t tell you why!!

Status
Not open for further replies.