Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine a lot of business will be done towards the last week of the window.

I still see James being the one to leave - someone like Coutinho on loan to replace him with the James profit on the books allowing us to finalise deals for a RB + Wide Player.

Maybe a CM on loan on deadline day if we can offload Delph.
You keep trying to sell this nonsense that James leaving will unlock some sort of spending spree. If James leaves it will be for a nominal fee or on a free transfer, if Coutinho comes in, as you repeatedly suggest, he will be on an equivalent wage so we will be exactly where we started with an ageing, faded, recently crocked, high wage player. How will that allow us to sign two further players. You are utterly delusional.

A year ago, Paddy Boyland in The Athletic posted this about our scouting network

“Everton’s network meets often, meets frequently, meets every week. They have scouts positioned in all the major European countries.

“They have an Eredivisie scout. They have a Belgian league scout, they have a scout for South America. They have a guy that straddles Italy and the Balkans.

“The reason they have that scout is because they’ve commissioned reports, independent reports, and they’ve found that the Balkans is one of the main providers of undervalued talent.

“So, yeah, obviously [it’s] important for them to try and find that in the current climate and then they also have guys, obviously, that work quite extensively in the UK. So, they meet and it’s quite a thorough process, actually.”

So it seems that we having a scouting network - which is ultimately getting paid to do absolutely nothing
We basically never sign anyone from any of those places. Kean and Vlasic are the only two I can think of that didn't previously play for one of our managers and Vlasic appeared to get signed because he played well against us in a Europa League qualifier!

Right, so you aren't concerned that we don't have a first team right back capable of playing the entire season and we have otherr glaring issues with the squad a week out from the season? Remove the links, and I am "not losing it" I am criticising the direction of travel of a club I support. Five hundred million spent and no further forward in five years, in fact we are in such a hole we can't spend and the players we are linked with aren't good enough. If we can't criticise that on a club forum then where else apart from twitter/facebook can we?!
It's got to be sunshine and rainbows all the time to satisfy @Noisy noise annoys or your are a bad Evertonian. Naughty Evertonian.

We basically never sign anyone from any of those places. Kean and Vlasic are the only two I can think of that didn't previously play for one of our managers and Vlasic appeared to get signed because he played well against us in a Europa League qualifier!
To be fair we were linked to Vlasic before we played them , it just got missed by many.

I’m usually very upbeat but even I’d be fuming letting Rodriguez go on a free and bringing in coutinho on similar or higher wages on loan. If James goes we best be using any funds or wages saved on bringing in a player that’s ours and hopefully good potential, otherwise we might as well not bother trying to sort our financials out as we’re making the same mistakes over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.