New Everton Stadium Discussion

Why not? I don’t see why the funding details have to remain a secret? To use the Kirkby move as a comparison, the funding details were all over the Echo.

I also feel that supporters would be a bit more understanding about our financial situation if they were told that Moshiri or USM are gona have to put 100 - 200 million pound down over the next 12 - 24 months.

I just dont get the obsession with knowing the financing structure of it.
I'm not having a dig at you, I just can't understand the whole thing, players, wages, stadium builds. We're fans, not bank managers or stock market traders. The only time funding is an issue is if we can't afford it, so it isn't an issue.

I dont see where it matters whether Moshiri pays for the whole lot, a portion of it, or raids all his kids piggy banks to pay for the final finishes. We get a stadium, we go to watch our team in it, sound. Nobody will be avoiding it or questioning the usefulness of it because the financial structure isn't to their liking, or they think we're paying 0.1% too much in interest.

I just dont get the obsession with knowing the financing structure of it.
I'm not having a dig at you, I just can't understand the whole thing, players, wages, stadium builds. We're fans, not bank managers or stock market traders. The only time funding is an issue is if we can't afford it, so it isn't an issue.

I dont see where it matters whether Moshiri pays for the whole lot, a portion of it, or raids all his kids piggy banks to pay for the final finishes. We get a stadium, we go to watch our team in it, sound. Nobody will be avoiding it or questioning the usefulness of it because the financial structure isn't to their liking, or they think we're paying 0.1% too much in interest.
Probably because of any possible links to transfer policies over the next few years. I won’t understand the intricacies of the funding, probably, but I might have a few worries if it is clear the model implies only a tiny kitty for players.

Probably because of any possible links to transfer policies over the next few years. I won’t understand the intricacies of the funding, probably, but I might have a few worries if it is clear the model implies only a tiny kitty for players.

Why worry yourself about something that isn't understood? I get that everybody wants the best for the club, clearly, but our best performer in the few games we've has cost us £1.5m.

Very very worrying if this is correct. Beginning work on a development of this scale with funding possibly unconfirmed until next year. The uncertainty relative to the ESL isn't going to go away.

Why worry yourself about something that isn't understood? I get that everybody wants the best for the club, clearly, but our best performer in the few games we've has cost us £1.5m.
I take your point about about the elements of the funding which might be technical/complex etc and your posts over time have given me confidence that things would go forward.
But the well-being of Everton on the pitch is my worry. And it is plausible that the funding model might severely restrict how good we are for a period of time. That is my worry since the footy is not much fun atm and I would like to see a few cups before I get too old to enjoy them!!!!

This is a fairly easy read explaining why UEFA likely will lose at ECJ v ESL but also indicating ESL might also lose a competition lawsuit from other clubs

Very very worrying if this is correct. Beginning work on a development of this scale with funding possibly unconfirmed until next year. The uncertainty relative to the ESL isn't going to go away.

Principle reason my backside. Super league or not we're still moving. We can all play this game.

We're waiting for the next full moon.

Usmanov has a dentist appointment on the 15th of November that he wants to get out of the way first.

Some ancient scroll has predicted Mt Tambora will explode 2 years after pure evil won the crowned cup (RS asterisk pl win) so may as well hold off until then. etc.

If they hold off it's because they don't require it yet or they think they can get a better interest rate later on.

"Witsel is ours"

Stopped reading at 'I suspect'...

He knows nothing but claims to know everything.

Boring.

He certainly doesn't have a clue about our transfer activity, but he does clearly have a few connections and knows a bit about the running of the club, eg he said weeks before Usmanov's nephew was appointed to the board that there was some potentially exciting boardroom changes happening very soon.

Also it's mad how a man giving his opinion on Twitter makes so many people angry.

It’s the Esk so it won’t be
It's sad to see as for a long time he was widely respect on here and other places and, may I say, rightly so; equally, he's rightly now known as talking utter wham.

In all seriousness, if he says one thing then I would suspect the opposite is far more likely. Within an echo chamber, you begin to feed on your own negativity.

Boring.

He certainly doesn't have a clue about our transfer activity, but he does clearly have a few connections and knows a bit about the running of the club, eg he said weeks before Usmanov's nephew was appointed to the board that there was some potentially exciting boardroom changes happening very soon.

Also it's mad how a man giving his opinion on Twitter makes so many people angry.
That's great, it's his opinion. The clue is in his post 'I suspect'.

If he had some real inside knowledge he would say he's been told. Not sure where the angry comment comes from, just giving my opinion, that his opinion is just scaremongering and unfounded.

I think destination kirkby proved that we have to be forever discerning and inquisitive Evertonians, and not just take everything as read. It's a fair question to ask how the stadium financial model works, as this ultimately will be a major factor in dictating if it is a success or not. Usmanov/Mosh have the means to build the greatest stadium ever built.... but that's not the point. How much will it cost the club going forward, and what will that mean for team funding in the short, medium and long term?

It's sad to see as for a long time he was widely respect on here and other places and, may I say, rightly so; equally, he's rightly now known as talking utter wham.

In all seriousness, if he says one thing then I would suspect the opposite is far more likely. Within an echo chamber, you begin to feed on your own negativity.
Right there with you !
Always thought his posts on here were of interest and informative but from what Ive see copied since they are very pessimistic and to suit his latest agenda. (davek like shall we say !!)