Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
James, based on the fact that as good as Bailey is I think there's more players of his type around that Everton can attract whereas James is one of a kind good.

Now, there's probably more long-term pros to Bailey.

But it shouldn't be a straight shoot out between the two if we manage the squad correctly.

We cannot keep getting rid of our best players and expecting progress.

People point to Leicester, but they do that while already having a lot of other good players they keep.

Southampton found out the hard way when their talent ran out, for example.

If somehow we could add Bailey/Antony and Aarons/Emerson then aside from a CB + CM (who we could go for next summer) then id say we'd have a very exciting team.

The James situation as you say shouldnt be a debate really...in essence weve got him for 2 seasons as we have a club option and he should start every match when fit.

If it was me, id be solely focused on getting the deadwood out of the squad now and teeing up deals for RB/RF from the 4 names above.

We also need to extend one or two contracts which seems to be an issue as well i imagine.

The only player we are linked with who I am currently emotionally invested in is Dumfries.

If we signed him, didn't sign anyone else, and kept our top 5 or 6 players, then I'd be happy with the window.

Who decided Townsend isn’t a good player? The palace fans love him. He’s not world class, but people are making out like he’s an absolute chump, he’s far from it.

I have seen Bailey, and whilst he looks fairly good in the bundesliga the reaction to a rumour of our interest in him has been wildly over the top.
The Palace fans have largely said from what I've seen that he tried hard but wasn't very good. And that's at Palace!

The only player we are linked with who I am currently emotionally invested in is Dumfries.

If we signed him, didn't sign anyone else, and kept our top 5 or 6 players, then I'd be happy with the window.

If we signed Aarons/Emerson and Antony then id be the same as you.

Bailey could be a superstar but ive got a bit of a thing for Antony...i think hes going to be fantastic and hes Brazilian of course lol

You have far more faith in Mr Brands' ability to move players on than I do.

Personally think he's done an almost impossible task since he's been here on moving the utter guff we have. There's always going to be the floaters we can't shift. Every club has them.

The majority of the kids he'll get loans easily. Bernard is already out the door. Tosun will no doubt get his wages paid. All simple really. These have suitors unlike when Besic and Bolasie were sitting around here.

Where are you expecting us to finish?

I won’t be able to form an expectation until the transfer window is over and the squad strengths can be compared. I had us down as the 9th best squad last season. I thought Wolves were better than us at the start of the season but West Ham swapped with them.

Wanting better players and appreciating shrewd business aren’t exclusive things though. It’s fine to say that Townsend or Gray aren’t the star names to push us into the top 4 whilst also recognising that as squad players for very small fees they have increased the quality of the squad from what we had before.

If James and Richalrison stay it’s likely that neither of Townsend or Gray will start if DCL and those two are a front three. I doubt we’re going to sell Richalrison and replace him with Townsend either.

Our business hasn’t finished yet, and all we’ve done so far is swap out Bernard and Walcott for Townsend and Gray whilst freeing up wages. If those wages go on signing a genuine first team star then who can say it’s not good trading?

I don’t know what people want anymore. We were crying out for wide players who would put a shift in last season. Now we’ve moved quickly to get two at low cost who can fit with DCL’s style of play, both extremely hard working, both want to be here, but people are moaning because it’s not a bloke from a mid table Bundesliga side who they’ve probably never seen play.
whereas we have seen the other 2 many times for us to make a judgement, strange how that works isn't it.

Ziyech? By a lot?

The bloke i said would be a flop and is a flop...same as Klaassen lol

He had 1 good season at Ajax and one at Twente. Both when he was FAR older than Antony and when Ajax had a much better team.

Honestly what an embarassing comparison.

whereas we have seen the other 2 many times for us to make a judgement, strange how that works isn't it.

Yes people will have seen far more of Townsend and Gray than they will have of Bailey based on the fact they’ve both played in the prem for numerous seasons so have been at Goodison multiple times as well as being on tv. Although people will claim otherwise, apart from a small minority, most will only see Leverkusen in Europe and only then if they’re playing a top side. They won’t have seen Bailey that much. That’s not saying he’s not a good player, or that we shouldn’t be interested in him, but the obsession with him in here is bordering on ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.