Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we were horrendous at home. We also had a lot more injuries than them. I think Barkley missed a few games and then they lost Grealish for about 10 games at the end of the season amd cash the RB had a spell out the side. But had their strongest 11 fit for the majority.

My point was they are very reliant on one man a lot more than us.
Oh yeah agree, they seem to have more of a plan though rather than the scattergun they did when they got promoted and bought some dross like Wesley etc

Just went to do some googling...I had some time...:)

1. Jason Says:
    The God’s honest truth is that the word “soccer” is an Oxford abbreviation of the term Association Football, in an effort to differentiate it from rugby football in the 1880s. Get over yourselves, Brits. You gave us the word soccer, we just ran with it.
We know where the word came from, it's still only used by numpties who call domestic leagues "world series".

We are bemoaning the fact Villa are buying big again, we have in previous years and look what it's yielded??

The difference is that they're buying the best young talent from other clubs, either on a similar standing or below, in order to close the gap.

We bought anyone that a 'bigger' club wanted off the books in an attempt to close the gap which anyone with a brain could see wouldn't work.

We are bemoaning the fact Villa are buying big again, we have in previous years and look what it's yielded??

I mean, lets not overlook the fact that Villa have the second richest owner in the league, following Sheikh Mansour, they've got the spending if needed.

I think when you compare our spending to their spending, they've instantly done a better job than we did, in the sense than they've actually bought in areas they need to improve. Konsa, Watkins, Cash, Martinez, Douglas Luiz all improve their side. It's quite similar to us, with players like Traore, Sanson, Mings being dubious, but they've continued to improve. They've got their promising youngsters like Louie Barry ready when needed, whereas our last prospect was Kenny... 5 years ago.

Then of course you have Grealish, who's just a tremendous talent, what a player.

There's a lot to be envious about when you've got Delph, Sigurdsson, Gomes, Bernard, Tosun stealing roughly £500k a week from us combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.