Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Leverkusen, a team whose developmental capabilities dwarf ours, felt it was OK to give Gray a chance 6 months ago I'm still fine with it now.
He hasn’t developed since he first came through, accompanied by the usual fanfare and hype surrounding a young English player when they have a few good games. He’s so far off the radar I’d forgotten all about him. I wouldn’t get your hopes up…

Maybe the wrong term but I'd say Townsend can play both sides if needed. He can play left but never really had to at Palace, but that side of his game can be about offering width. He then can also play right and be used to cut inside onto his left foot.

Bernard wants to do one thing and that's drift. That's fine, and I actually think he did it well for his first season or so here then never really got a chance under Carlo after lockdown which was a shame. But he lost that lightning speed when he had when he was younger and also he can't cross to save his life so not sure he ever could play wide right.

I like Bernard, shame it didn't really work out for him – hopefully we can get some decent £ for him relatively and get his wages off the books. What he offered to the squad last year wasn't worth £120k (even if it wasn't strictly his fault that he didn't play).

I see the point you are making. I think because it it a reality check as to where we stand in the pecking order. I don’t think any of the sides that finished in top 10 last season would make these signings. These are The types of signings you would expect from Steve Bruce at Newcastle

Difference is mate Newcastle would be signing them as starting 11 additions whereas we likely are not.

Thats what people need to remember really. By all means if come the windows end we haven't brought in a good wide player like Bailey or McNeil I'll be annoyed but still a few weeks left in the window to do business.

Difference is mate Newcastle would be signing them as starting 11 additions whereas we likely are not.

Thats what people need to remember really. By all means if come the windows end we haven't brought in a good wide player like Bailey or McNeil I'll be annoyed but still a few weeks left in the window to do business.

Brands disagrees with this

Gray is a good option to have off the bench & Townsend is miles better than Iwobi

Hopefully it means James in the middle, Bernard & Iwobi out and the money spent on a starting right winger

I think McNeil has a fantastic left foot and has 5 and 6 assists in his last two seasons for Burnley.

The only player i think who is comparable for us is Digne.

My thinking would be that if you had Digne and McNeil on the left side then thats potentially alot of assists coming from that side of the pitch.

Where teams could block off one of them, they will find it difficult to stop both.

In addition, McNeil also seems good 'tactically' and defensively and seems to follow instructions set out by Dyche -- so would suit a Benitez team.

Finally, i wonder if he may also be able to also rotate with James centrally as he seems to have ability to drift + vision to pick players out.

Im hoping that if he comes in on the left we are still going to move on either Antony or Bailey for the right side. I wouldnt fancy Richarlison on the right.
Could you see him on the right cutting in? That would leave Richarlison/Gray for the left

Status
Not open for further replies.