Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate grey I think hes a decent player and would help. Townsend, for a free transfer I think is good business. We’ve lacked having a squad of players. Players who could do a job off the bench. And for free, whilst probably meaning an out or 2 of a couple of players. Looks sensible.

The thing is, and what a few seem to be missing, (if these are correct), is that the players that these will hopefully replace have contributed zip for years. So if they contribute zip plus 5, at a fraction of the cost, its sound.

Now, the acid test will be if we do actually buy a few in the areas we all know need to be improved. If the Dumfries deal happens, thats one down. But so far, we will be saving a bundle on wages, IF the wasters get moved on. If not, its a minimal impact on wages for one season.

Its a bit magnolia mind.

I'll wait to the end of the window to judge.
If we are replacing our crap like Bernard, iwobi etc with cheaper crap and can add 2 or 3 improvements to 1st 11 it will be just about acceptable.
Replacing poor players with poor players is why we are an irrelevant joke club who haven't done anything in 35 years.

Our recruitment is an actual embarrassment. Give a randomer off the street a full time job and they wouldn't do any worse.

If we are replacing our crap like Bernard, iwobi etc with cheaper crap and can add 2 or 3 improvements to 1st 11 it will be just about acceptable.
Can we just not have crap at all, please? Signing someone you describe as crap and apparently being fine with it is an odd position to take.

Yeah we have to get quality in. There’s no way around it. Signings of this calibre shouldn’t be anywhere near first team football for us.

Most people have a list of 10 players they want out the club.

We were never replacing those 10 players who we could get about 30million for in total with 10 50million pound players.

No of course.

I think we are waiting for a big sale, but we know we need more pace into the team in wide areas. So we have solved the problem, bulked the squad up (if true) and given ourselves a fair bit of leeway to move players on. That works for me. It's good planning. If someone comes in with a big bid for Kean, or Richarlison/DCL that is too good to turn down, we can move them on, and bring in 1 or 2 eye catching players.

As I said earlier, it reminds me of when we signed Bent and Cahill. They could do a job. I know people don't want "do a job" and expectations have been raised, but the last 5 years of trying to act like City hasn't worked. I'd rather we signed 3 or 4 decent players each summer, added younger players too and if we get to a point where an exceptional player can come, we will have the financial means to do so.

That Gray guy is no worse than Iwobi. But we have been smart in what we would need to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.