Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were a few stories before Brands signing his contract about him getting his wish.

Maybe this was it, cheap value signings that while wont get pulses racing COULD COULD prove useful and if they arent useful, we aint in the bin for 30million with an overpriced piece of tosh like Iwobi.

Coupled with some astute yoot signings.

It's worth saying a couple of things on this;

1) At PSV he did make use of signing cheaper/experienced players.
2) People assume moneyball means signing players 20-24, and selling them between 26-29. It doesn't, it means finding value in the market. That might mean signing such players, but it doesn't automatically have to mean that

I'm always amazed at the number of people who won't accept, if the cost of players 20-24 becomes too high, you can end up overpaying for their growth potential.

Under Ancelotti we seemed to spend a lot of time looking for superstars. This approach feels more grounded, and less risky. If we can clear out a lot of players it could work. No idea how we sell Tosun though. Or even loan him

Townsend was in and out at Palace last season, and doesn't seem to offer anything other than pot shots that almost never go in, but Gray is a talent.

It’s seems that our strategy is very good going into this season. Replace one higher earner with 3 bad players who earn the same amount as the high earner.

We’ve increased the squad, size, reduced the quality but kept expenditure the same

That’s a 1000 IQ thinking right there

2) People assume moneyball means signing players 20-24, and selling them between 26-29. It doesn't, it means finding value in the market. That might mean signing such players, but it doesn't automatically have to mean that

I'm always amazed at the number of people who won't accept, if the cost of players 20-24 becomes too high, you can end up overpaying for their growth potential.

Under Ancelotti we seemed to spend a lot of time looking for superstars. This approach feels more grounded, and less risky. If we can clear out a lot of players it could work. No idea how we sell Tosun though. Or even loan him
Most people have a list of 10 players they want out the club.

We were never replacing those 10 players who we could get about 30million for in total with 10 50million pound players.

I'm quoting the tweet, take it up with whoever posted it.

On another note, are Begovic, Townsend and Gray the type of players that are going to move us up the table, do you think?

If they replace some of the dross we have on high wages freeing up space for us to then sign more first team players then yes they will help us climb the table.

I’d rather Townsend or Gray coming off the bench or even starting games than any of Bernard Siggurdson Iwobi Walcott Davies Coleman or anyone else we’ve tried in wide positions recently.

If Gordon is ready for the first team as well we’ve essentially gone from having very few wide options to having an additional fee for almost zero outlay and very low wages. If we can shift Bernard’s wages to go with Walcott’s and hopefully Siggurdson’s then it means we can pay actual footballers to replace them.

If they replace some of the dross we have on high wages freeing up space for us to then sign more first team players then yes they will help us climb the table.

I’d rather Townsend or Gray coming off the bench or even starting games than any of Bernard Siggurdson Iwobi Walcott Davies Coleman or anyone else we’ve tried in wide positions recently.

If Gordon is ready for the first team as well we’ve essentially gone from having very few wide options to having an additional fee for almost zero outlay and very low wages. If we can shift Bernard’s wages to go with Walcott’s and hopefully Siggurdson’s then it means we can pay actual footballers to replace them.
Probably will go out on loan again.

I think this makes sense if its a backup keeper plus an experienced head like Townsend as backup to a new right sided starter.

When Gray gets mentioned though...thats where i start to switch off...

Townsend was in and out at Palace last season, and doesn't seem to offer anything other than pot shots that almost never go in, but Gray is a talent.

In and out ? Started 25 league games and 9more as sub.

It’s seems that our strategy is very good going into this season. Replace one higher earner with 3 bad players who earn the same amount as the high earner.

We’ve increased the squad, size, reduced the quality but kept expenditure the same

That’s a 1000 IQ thinking right there

Olsen for £5mil+ or Begovic for free on lower wages? I dont think Olsen is even average and Begovic used to be good a few years back

Townsend as backup for half price of Bernard...we could sell Iwobi as well if we brought him in.

Gray though is where i draw the line and start wondering whats going on.

If our wide options this year are Gray, Townsend and Gordon we'll be lucky to finish in the top half, particularly with Benitez in charge.

34 games played, 25 starts, 1 goal, 5 assists. So it's essentially 1 goal every 10.7 games and 1 assist every 9.4 games (career wise) not great tbh but it may just have to do for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.