Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The squad, without a doubt, is a big mess. Which is another reason why moaning that we've not signed everyone yet is a bit silly. It's quite clear we need to remove deadwood and not just add bodies.
Takes time - again - especially in a tournament year.

I'll join in the moaning if - at the end of August - we've not make some good moves both in and out and finished the window stronger. But I refuse to wet the bed on 16th July.

Just a reminder to our regular viewers that the next step is "give [the fat kopite] enough time to assess the squad ffs"

Just a reminder to our regular viewers that the next step is "give [the fat kopite] enough time to assess the squad ffs"
Followed by ‘new signings need a bit of time to get used to the club’, to explain why the panic late buys have started out looking knackered and crap.

Starting to think that this club is seriously beyond repair.

Can guarantee if we are signing an ancient keeper who can't kick or even save, we are doing so because we can't afford the wages of Romero etc.

The quality of player we have been linked with this summer (bar Dumfries and the potential of Nunes) has been absolute dross. We certainly seem to be in something of a recruitment spiral.
Pickford will be first choice keeper, we want decent experienced cover.
Any keeper with international and ambition to play regular football is not going to join us.

Certainly not with the form Pickford is showing currently.

Every single year we get posts like this telling everyone to stop bedwetting because no one else has made any signings either, relax guys the club know what they’re doing. And then every single year without fail we start the season short of about 4 players we desperately needed and the bedwetters get proven right.
Remember that summer we signed Joleon Lescott and Andy Johnson really early and then came flying out the traps and finished 6th? Halcyon days. There’s a lot to be said for getting business done quickly.

After covid I think clubs are negotiating hard for every penny. Add in the international tournaments and business has been slow for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.