Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a bit of mistranslation from that post.

I was saying that it wouldn't really matter if we did or didn't sign anyone as we had enough depth. Hence why I named all the players for each position that we apparently needed to buy for.

A lot of people were/are saying that we should get rid of Keane and Holgate. I said Mina is the one likely to go.

I have said that whoever leaves will need to be replaced.

The overall squad is adequate enough for a top 10 position.
Is that the extent of Benitez's ambition? Obviously having an abundance of something does not mean it's an abundance of quality, so our attention on a RB and CB must mean that either Benitez has changed his mind after initially thinking there was no issue or it was your opinion based on watching Everton last season. Which was it?

The inactivity, both ins and outs, is starting to grate.

It's nothing new, it's what we do under Marcel Brands. We keep players who contribute nothing till the end of their contracts and we make our signings at the end of the window. With deadline day back on 31 August, then I don't expect anything till after the season has started.

Re Sancho, his value was always likely to drop with a year less remaining on his contract.

On transfers I think we are going to see two different types of market. The market for elite players will continue to grow and fees will continue to rise. The market for lesser players, or punts etc is going to dramatically reduce in value. Teams won't be willing to pay 30m on a perceived gamble because of the current economic position. What I really hope to see happen is a reduction in the astronomical wages given to lesser players in the top flight. It's not sustainable in the current form, and we are one of the worst examples of it.

Yes I agree with all of that mate.

I am not sure re Sancho though, in years gone by, when the market just kept growing YOY even with a year left he still had 2 on his deal (I believe) it's very hard to see a premium player not at least holding- if not growing his value. That is very much canary in the mine sort of stuff for football. If a Jadon Sancho, a 21 year old superstar really is losing substantial value, it's a big worry for the rest of the market.

On the 2nd point exactly this. A lot of the top teams are struggling to offload their rubbish to others. Nobody is going to take our rubbish. We have to look a lot more at wages, and also importantly for me length of contract. I'd like to see a lot more 2-3 year deal with optional 1 year extensions for the club. It would at least stop us being hit with the huge wage costs and allow us to "get out" of certain deals. Honestly, I think if the club could just get out of Tosun, Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Gomes, Bernard etc even with no fee attached it would give us an awful lot of wriggle room we don't have.

Reactions: JLW
The Echo, [Publication is blacklisted due to spam] are all reporting on the story in 90min, that everton are interested in Tammy Abraham at Chelsea. Apparently he wants a move, there are a number of clubs interested, but I think the fee has not been mentioned. I think he is a good player, certainly better than Tosun. But I think if we keep Kean and DCL we probably dont need Abraham, because we would then have 3 players fighting for 1 position, unless Rafael is going 532 and Rafael is going to start with Richarlison and DCL upfront, with Kean and Abraham as the alternatives.

Moyes will go for him I reckon.

That's the scenario where we need a signing. But we can let one go without needing cover.

If money is an issue, then we shouldn't even be considering central defenders. Right back, right side of midfield, and central midfield are the 3 crucial positions. RB is the most pressing by a mile.

Definitely Right back and Right wing.

I disagree about CM. We have Allan, Doucoure, Gbamin, Gomes, Davies, Baningime, Delph, Onyango

I think a few of our younger players are going to get bigger roles this season.

Last edited:
Is that the extent of Benitez's ambition? Obviously having an abundance of something does not mean it's an abundance of quality, so our attention on a RB and CB must mean that either Benitez has changed his mind after initially thinking there was no issue or it was your opinion based on watching Everton last season. Which was it?

That was my opinion, not Rafas.

Obviously we need to replace some players for better quality. But overall we have sufficient depth in the squad apart from RB and RW.

dont ask him anything please, because he knows zero what is going on. He claims to be ITK like Benitez is sending him daily what app messages, but he is spouting rubbish. The wait is killing us but let's wiat and see what happens. It is Everton, bar a few exceptions it has always been a frustrating wait (remember the days under Moyes lol) !

How about Kabak? Unimpressive at Liverpool, but he had hard luck there with injuries and is young enough to shrug off his Anfield experience. They got shut because they bought Konate and VVD is returning and they have Gomez and Matip.

I know some dont see it as a priortiy postion for us, but he's good on the ball and in the air and has pace. Schalke are desperate for cash and we could get him for £6M or £7M.

Moyes will go for him I reckon.

Rafael wanted him when Newcastle were in the Championship, he tried to get him again in the Premier league.

However, unless we sell DCL, there's no place for him. He wants to be playing regularly.

Villa apparently are very interested.

Out of the players Chelsea are trying to shift in order to pay for Haaland. Hudson-Odoi is the one to watch.

How about Kabak? Unimpressive at Liverpool, but he had hard luck there with injuries and is young enough to shrug off his Anfield experience. They got shut because they bought Konate and VVD is returning and they have Gomez and Matip.

I know some dont see it as a priortiy postion for us, but he's good on the ball and in the air and has pace. Schalke are desperate for cash and we could get him for £6M or £7M.
He's absolute dog muck dave.

People are saying why sell Mina hes our best centre back- maybe hes pushing for the move?!

Also the way some are talking about Mina is like hes prime Cannavaro.

It's no so much that we should sell him. It's more that we need to make a decision one way or the other.

He now has only two years left so we need to ask him to extend the contract. If he doesn't want to extend it, then we should sell to avoid his value plummeting. We can't afford to let players with value run down their contract.

Definitely Right back and Right wing.

I disagree about CM. We have Allan, Doucoure, Gbamin, Gomes, Davies, Baningime, Delph, Onyango
We simply have to bring in another CM though, that midfield is far too one paced and we have nobody who can actually push forward with the ball and offer a decent pass. If we don't then it's all going to end up down the wide areas which will make us very limited and very easy to play against, we have to mix the options up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.