Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a bit of realism.

1. He's a washed out manager, coming fresh from the very dregs of the Orient purely for a final pay-day and the fact his family happens to live in the general vicinity of the club we support.

2. He quite openly called our club a small - then went onto MNF to state he was misinterpreted, yet the 2 times he has been asked during his tenure here he hasn't said that is the case, he's actually stood by his actions.

3. He managed our lovable neighbours, to the point they have banners of his smug face in the Kop. Now this shouldn't/wouldn't be an issue - yet combined with points 1 and 2 it's not a good thing, now is it.

4. He buys terrible players and plays terrible football.

5. He managed our lovable neighbours, to the point they have banners of his smug face in the Kop. Now this shouldn't/wouldn't be an issue - yet combined with points 1,2 and now 4 it's not a good thing, now is it.

Thanks.

When they were in the Championship they had had squad that was being paid out 2x as much as the competition so you can't exactly call it a Championship squad.

They didn't even have the biggest transfer spend that season. Villa did and I believe another club spent big too. I forget who. At least 10 clubs have spent a similar amount of money in the seasons that followed.

So if he qualifies us for Europe next season you'll still be calling him scum etc?
That won’t happen. And that’s the nub of the argument against him actually. If he had the credentials to do well here (he doesn’t) it might be more palatable.

As things stand he’s a kopite who failed in China, has taken the job because it’s close to home, and who in his first press conference reaffirmed that he meant every word of his ‘small club’ jibe.

This is a different situation under Benitez.

Moreno is his one and only assistant in relaity. The feller has been Benitez's number 2 at Liverpool Inter, Chelsea, Napoli, Madrid, Newcastle and in China.

And Gomez as First Team Coach is below Moreno.

Ferguson will be laying cones down, as per...

…I did wonder if Benitez appointment was a political statement from Moshiri that the romantic Kenwright days were over, but I’m a little disappointed to see Ferguson still involved. He’s never going to go elsewhere to prove himself as some think, he’s in a comfortable bubble and USM FF is his domain.

I don't like the fact he was and may be still a red but at least there was no kissing the badge ,saying what a proud history we have and all that .
He at least saved our blushes by not doing that after managing over the park .
He is going to have a hard time convincing me and I am nowhere near as angry as some .
We just have to wait and see and let us as Evertonians at least give him some time before screaming at him at the match .
Saying that he was a bit too happy with the current crop of older players for my liking but that could all change I guess.
COYB

I'll you what, if you think Rafael Benitez isn't going to sell James Rodriguez and use his wages to pay three bog-standard La Liga players, you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

We're not going to get a big fee for him. We might get one bog standard player from that money if we're lucky.

Its a month before the season starts and we still have no right hand side, little pace in the midfield, no back up keeper, Toshun and a want away Kean as back up strikers and to top it off Richarlison will be missing the first few games of the season.

If Benitez does anything above 10th he deserves a contract extension.
With our squad of misfits that would be a miraculous result

Let's just look at the last 10 years eh:

Hate when people say this. Did fans concede all those goals to crap teams at home last season?

Did fans spunk shed loads of money on garbage with no proper recruitment policy in 2017?

Did fans hire Sam Allardyce?

Did fans not finish the chances we created in the cup semi finals in 2016?

Did fans utterly bottle it away to Kiev in 2015?

Did fans blow the Palace game at home in 2014?

Did fans let in 3 goals in 4 minutes against Wigan in 2013?

Did fans back pass Luis Suarez through on goal and then surrender the game in 2012?

The answer to all of them is obviously no. The Evertonians have always showed up. Celebrating the Anfield win a few months back was more just the elation of finally being given something back from that fixture for the first time in 10 years / 20 years away. You are right in the sense that it's shown how far we've slipped, but completely wrong in the thought it's somehow Evertonian's who have held the club back.

Evertonians have become apathetic. From the applauding of Bill Kenwrights face at goodison after his years of holding us back to applauding Lukaku after he tried to hold the club to ransom "or he's off" ......

The anger directed at the hiring of Rafael is so misplaced. So many things have gone on at our club which have been much worse

That won’t happen. And that’s the nub of the argument against him actually. If he had the credentials to do well here (he doesn’t) it might be more palatable.

As things stand he’s a kopite who failed in China, has taken the job because it’s close to home, and who in his first press conference reaffirmed that he meant every word of his ‘small club’ jibe.

Moyes was washed up and he finished 6th with West Ham.

Ancelotti is the Real Madrid manager and just had us 10th + 12th.

With that crystal ball you fancy giving us the lotto numbers mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.