2020/21 Thierry Small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not think it depends where he goes mate?

If he goes to a top PL club, it will all be motivated by money. If he goes abroad, or to a championship team or whatever, it will be to play more games, and I sort of think good luck to the lad.

If he can go somewhere where he will get 1st games this season, then he should make that move. That being said, it sounds like that could have been on the cards here.
I think he's got a better chance at having a career at some of the big PL clubs even if he's not in their first first teams. A lot of Chelsea rejects still play for decent clubs for example.

I think he's got a better chance at having a career at some of the big PL clubs even if he's not in their first first teams. A lot of Chelsea rejects still play for decent clubs for example.

Ok so he joins another club so they can release him on the off chance he does well as a result? I would suggest he might be better finding a club where he can play.

Ok so he joins another club so they can release him on the off chance he does well as a result? I would suggest he might be better finding a club where he can play.
Agreed. But I think unless he joins like Sevilla or something it'll probably be a club that is better for his development one way or another.

That’s counterintuitive. Join Chelsea , you won’t get in their first team but you’ll have a good career elsewhere. Chelsea have a great youth set up and have a huge talent base from 10 onwards, but there’s no evidence they develop players joining them at 16. Billy Gilbert is a great example, one of the best young talents to come out of Scotland in recent years, probably off on loan this season . Meanwhile three of Chelsea’s most talented youngsters haven’t signed new contracts yet and could leave this summer. Chelsea are also business based , they’ll sell their young players if the price is right

Small is going to Arsenal

Would have thought City, with their finances and state of their LB's would have been more fitting. Or a lower league club to get himself games.

Maybe Arsenal have set up a quality loan for him.

I see City have started doing 2 year loans for their kids.

That’s counterintuitive. Join Chelsea , you won’t get in their first team but you’ll have a good career elsewhere. Chelsea have a great youth set up and have a huge talent base from 10 onwards, but there’s no evidence they develop players joining them at 16. Billy Gilbert is a great example, one of the best young talents to come out of Scotland in recent years, probably off on loan this season . Meanwhile three of Chelsea’s most talented youngsters haven’t signed new contracts yet and could leave this summer. Chelsea are also business based , they’ll sell their young players if the price is right

Who are the 3 at chelsea?

Would have thought City, with their finances and state of their LB's would have been more fitting. Or a lower league club to get himself games.

Maybe Arsenal have set up a quality loan for him.

I see City have started doing 2 year loans for their kids.

City are stealing Watfords 16 year old left back

There are other examples such as Lamptey who left even though Chelsea wanted to keep him. Lampteys dad was keen to move him when he realised what Brighton were offering.

Small is going to Arsenal
tenor.gif

Not arsed about young prospects. If he doesn't want to be here at 16, he needs to go. Take the compensation, there's like a 80% chance he never does anything in the PL. And he's moving to Arsenal, who surely aren't paying more than us or providing a quicker route to the first team? 90% chance then, he just wants to be a diva in the big city. He'll be lucky to crack the rotation at Watford in five years.

Really. Didn't think it would be anything near that amount.

Sure Liverpool aid less than that for Ings who'd had a pro contract and loads of first team experience and an U21 International

Ings wasn't a young lad though. I suspect we are looking at around a 20% sell on, with a relatively small fee (3-4m).

Agreed. But I think unless he joins like Sevilla or something it'll probably be a club that is better for his development one way or another.

I remain to be convinced of that, but hey we will see.

Chelsea have probably got 7 or 8 Thierry Small's and most of them don't do themselves justice.

I remain to be convinced of that, but hey we will see.

Chelsea have probably got 7 or 8 Thierry Small's and most of them don't do themselves justice.
People are definitely under estimating him a bit. He's rated as being one of the 3 to 5 best players his age in the country. So Chelsea won't have 7 or 8 of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.