Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're counting Barkley for us you'd need to count lingard for utd too.
Henderson as well
They also have another couple who will get 1st team minutes next season, shoretire and maybe galbraith.
We won't have any

Yes I missed Lingard off, even though he's about 29. Maybe Shoretire and Galbraith will. Maybe Gordon and Onyango will here, we will have to deal in absolutes though. Small has already been given a debut here.

I think we could well be at the stage where we rip it all up and take big losses on players like Keane,Mina,Soggy,Gomes, Delph..

Holgate and James would get a decent transfer fee.... Not saying sell them all but could see all those leaving if right bid came.

We need to get younger and faster.

Godfrey
DCL
Richarlison
Pickford
Digne are the only players nailed on starters for me

Arsenal: Willock, Maitland Niles, Saka, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Nelson,Nketiah all around the squad this summer + a highly rated young forward just extended with them.

United: Henderson, Tuanzebe, Williams, McTominay, Lingard, Greenwood, James...also Pogba.

Everton: You could probably say Gordon and Davies but DCL, Holgate, Gordon, Kenny, Virginia and Branthwaite have all had games for us and were all brought through from games in u23s.

If hes seen DCL and Davies then he will know he'll get games.

I think its £££ or he doesnt fancy competing with Digne/Nkoukou.

If it's the latter, how is he getting on against Shaw and Telles is all my point is.

To be honest, it doesn't look like there are any takers for James at the moment and I would be surprised if we sold DCL (although I think Kane's transfer, if it happens, will trigger a load of forwards moving around). I think it's actually quite likely that we will sell Mina and Richarlison given all of the noises coming from the club, Benitez and the players. I'm very down on Everton at the moment which is currently colouring my mood and forum posts though, so I am tending towards the worst case scenarios in my own head and probably should be ignored!
I can see a very good argument for each of the going.....

James because Papa Carlo's gone.

Richarlison because we'll he thinks he's too good for us
Mina because he's only got 2 years left on his deal
DCL because a decent English forward will.always be sought after especially whe teams like City United Chelsea and Spurs will all be looking for a forward.

However I can't see anyone coming up with the £80m + we would want for either Richarlison or DCL.

I can however see James going for a modest fee to get him off the wage bill ( I believe that Benitez and James fell out previously) and someone paying £20 m or so for Mina.

16 year old keeper who's already made professional appearances? Don't see that happening often.

He started season as 3rd choice but got some game time around March or April after both keepers got injured. He would probably have played lots of reserve league football but the reserve league in NI got cancelled due to covid but it meant he got promoted to first team squad.

Ok. I thought he was older so thanks for confirming.

We have younger, be they Gordon, Brainthwaite, Onynago who are ready to play, but it's a case of having a manager brave enough to play them. Traditionally we always have.

I'm assuming Price is still injured along with Onyango as haven't seen him in any of the 1st team training.

Status
Not open for further replies.