Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great signing though .....

Look no-one knows for sure how he will do but I can't envisage the team doing great with negativity from the fans.

I'm optimistic on the basis of his work ethic and zero tolerance for slouches.

He was an excellent signing yes, but that wasn't the debate was it? The debate was about him building a youth culture which just didn't happen and Torres and 23/24 just cements that.

He bought the odd good player. The other day I listed his flops just from Liverpool, and there was about 40 players on the list. A real Steve Walsh list.

As for the fans, it has nothing to do with the fans. It's his job to get the fans optimistic, not the other way. If he's half the manager he thinks he is, that will not be difficult.

He was an excellent signing yes, but that wasn't the debate was it? The debate was about him building a youth culture which just didn't happen and Torres and 23/24 just cements that.

He bought the odd good player. The other day I listed his flops just from Liverpool, and there was about 40 players on the list. A real Steve Walsh list.

As for the fans, it has nothing to do with the fans. It's his job to get the fans optimistic, not the other way. If he's half the manager he thinks he is, that will not be difficult.
I'm not saying that all youth signings under him did work but the process of trying to get players from other set ups for money was.

I think Gomes was another player like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.