Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that post about 3 times and I don't understand what you are saying....but I'll try and answer whatever it is you were trying to ask.

My agenda is simple. I'm agitated that some Everton fans like yourself get hurt and angry over years of mediocrity but you can't see the cause of this..... You are more bothered that the new manager used to manage Liverpool and called us small. Being a super dooper Evertonian doesn't mean your love and hurt for the club means your thinking is clear

We have a rotten, appalling, amateur and pitiful culture at the club. It stems from the fact that we are fertile ground for players with decent ability but below average hunger and desire to win but get paid wages which set them up for a very comfortable life......

These players are lovely lovely blokes .......some of them are really good at pulling the wool over your eyes. They are experts at post match losing quotes designed to make them look like they are one of the good guys.

Even our supposed main leader Seamus Coleman ...... Can't sort out players quarrelling over freekicks or penalties. Oooh but he can look at them with disgust when dancing to celebrate a goal ......

Gomes has a walkathon ....."it's a pity about his injury"....... Err no, he was like that before his injury. If the stars align and the temperature, hydration level of the grass is right and his heads in the right place he may turn up and provide a game that earns him another 7 matches of pitiful gutless contributions...... Ah but he's lovely though.

I'd happily go out and sign coutinho and Suarez just to really put to bed this red nonsense. Either one of those players would give more for us that Siggy or Gomes......ah but they didn't play for Liverpool do did deeee
Where your story falls down is the fact ignoring his past allegiances - the wide one in the present day is a washed up yesterdays man who is incapable of anything but failure and tearing this fanbase apart. Talk is almost over hes going to have to walk the walk soon. He'll be gone before valentines day.

So I disagree with very little of that , where we disagree agree is that the solution is a former RS manager who is still so ambitious and hungry in the game his last job was grabbing the cash in China.

look I genuinely hope he’s a success there are only so many times I Can repeat that but I have extremely serious reservations
If you are going to use his job in China as a stick to beat him with then maybe you should have looked into the details of it......

Personally £25m for 2 years work without a job is not gonna get rejected is it? That's his kids set for life. He worked his plums off over there but look into the details rather than just repeating the lazy narrative

There's a lot in your post that I agree with .......

Players being allowed to coast

A lack of professionalism

A need for ruthless decisions to be made

Ridiculous sentimentality at Goodison getting in the way.

In short we need an enema , I'm just far from convinced that Benitez is the right man to administer it but I would be happy to be proved wrong.
See I'm the opposite, I 100% think he will do that, he is strong enough to put his foot down, if he wasnt he wouldnt of taken the job. Balls of steel, we need that, Carlo was very week, but he was used to working with top.pros, not our time wasters.

If you are going to use his job in China as a stick to beat him with then maybe you should have looked into the details of it......

Personally £25m for 2 years work without a job is not gonna get rejected is it? That's his kids set for life. He worked his plums off over there but look into the details rather than just repeating the lazy narrative

He should work his plums off it’s his job , you want him praised for working hard ? I thought you’ve been telling us all he’s a ridiculously dedicated worker so why set out how hard he worked there ? He went for the money , he didn’t take a job at the top table in football to test himself or to pursue ambition he went for an easy ride and a load of dough . That’s fine but done be surprised when you get called on it . When mayweather fights some kid off YouTube instead of a professional fighter he’s doing it for the money , it’s the same thing . No challenge. So expect criticism.

plenty of other managers and players are offered work in China and don’t take it , is that a fair point or not ? The reason they have careers and reputations they also often don’t have 10 journalists telling the world what an amazing job they do24/7 .

you simply will not allow even the slightest question to be posed of your hero and it’s odd . I think the bloke did a very decent job at the RS but it was 10/15 years ago and I’m not convinced he’s set the heather alight since . That he ‘worked hard’ in China for a kings ransom hardly convinces me frankly

Cant wait for the first win under Rafatollah all the angry da's will be aching to celebrate but wont incase they look like they are happy whilst Benitez is manager lol
I’ll celebrate every victory , I always have done don’t worry about that .

I’ll need some convincing that it isn’t the first time a few Benitez fans on here have mind . ;)

See I'm the opposite, I 100% think he will do that, he is strong enough to put his foot down, if he wasnt he wouldnt of taken the job. Balls of steel, we need that, Carlo was very week, but he was used to working with top.pros, not our time wasters.
I hope so but we also know he was happy to go to China for the dough so we know he’s driven by money not ambition and success or failure he’s going to get a bucketload of cash off us isn’t he ? If it goes wrong quickly and horrendously he’ll get it in double quick time if he’s successful he’ll get a load of bonuses and instead of living in China all he needs is a fast tag .

You know what I like about Rafael ....... The fact that he's not felt the need to pin his colours to a mast at any club..... Doesn't try and curry favour - he's paid to manage the club, he breaks his balls and has the strength of character to stand up to player power.

Got far too many fans who got all lovey dovey over Carlo saying Everton is his club...... Ridiculous.

Benitez is exactly the type of manager we need. His only way of getting satisfaction is to change our club for the better.

I hope so but we also know he was happy to go to China for the dough so we know he’s driven by money not ambition and success or failure he’s going to get a bucketload of cash off us isn’t he ? If it goes wrong quickly and horrendously he’ll get it in double quick time if he’s successful he’ll get a load of bonuses and instead of living in China all he needs is a fast tag .
Omg. Seriously ...... Look into his job in China. How it came about ........

You know what I like about Rafael ....... The fact that he's not felt the need to pin his colours to a mast at any club..... Doesn't try and curry favour - he's paid to manage the club, he breaks his balls and has the strength of character to stand up to player power.

Got far too many fans who got all lovey dovey over Carlo saying Everton is his club...... Ridiculous.

Benitez is exactly the type of manager we need. His only way of getting satisfaction is to change our club for the better.
We absolutely no danger of Benitez saying that is there because his club is the RS

As the dust settled many have already softened towards the appointment of Rafael, invariably because people have calmed, listened and reviewed the situation of what everton had available or needed at present.

Too many comments, pods and radio phone ins are running with information that has no source or credence. A few myths around the appointment:

Marcel Brands a board member had no say on the appointment of Benitez. Massive untruth of course he had a say as a member of the board, OK he may have gone another way if it was his choice but being a director of football doesn't necessarily mean that person is given complete control of hiring/firing that would in fact be impossible in modern football.

He got the job because he lives on the Wirral. Nothing to do with where he lives a point can be made that he's done good work in around Merseyside but this doesn't mean he was picked because of where he lives, its a nicety nothing more.

Benitez football is horrible. I'd say this is wrong the vast majority of football managers that are successful do prioritise a solid defence but Rafael has shown a versatility depending on the tools available. Rafael's Valencia side were great to watch more recently when Rafael led NUFC in division 2 they played great football as he had fantastic players at that level when they got promoted and lost a number of players Wijnaldum, Sisssoko etc he had to adopt a more defensive style of play as his side were lacking quality and had the objective of staying up.

He did crap in China. It was reported Rafael was barely allowed in China or even at facilities or matches due to the start of the corona virus pandemic the thing was a write off from the start.

Everton is a payday no more. From all the things you hear about benitez the thought that he took the job because he's on the dole is quite simply crazy, there's no doubt Benitez could have commanded a big wage in Europe without any trouble and probably a lot less stress to go with it.

Benitez should be assessed on his performance as manager of Everton with the squad he's given by Marcel Brands. We love the old players like Unsy, Dunc etc but isn't it time they stopped taking the cushy wage and actually went away to prove themselves or are they happy to remain the ever present members of the recent failure at Everton Football Club?

Up the toffees and full goodison!!!!!

We absolutely no danger of Benitez saying that is there because his club is the RS

Yeah I almost forgot that when I seen Newcastle roll over to let Liverpool beat them two seasons ago ........ But they didn't did they?!

Liverpool fans were absolutely livid that Rafael set his side up to stop them winning. When origi scored in injury time to win 3-2 ...... If they drew that game Liverpool were done..... It took city to beat Brighton to secure the league.

Inappropriate Behaviour
You’ve literally just said he went for the money

“Personally £25m for 2 years work without a job is not gonna get rejected is it? That's his kids set for life.”

You mean that if you were unemployed and someone offered you 3 times your previous salary you wouldn't take it? Shut up!!!

Yeah I almost forgot that when I seen Newcastle roll over to let Liverpool beat them two seasons ago ........ But they didn't did they?!

Liverpool fans were absolutely livid that Rafael set his side up to stop them winning. When origi scored in injury time to win 3-2 ...... If they drew that game Liverpool were done..... It took city to beat Brighton to secure the league.
Again so he should it’s his job , I don’t understand your point ? You want him to get credit for not rolling over against the RS by the way it’s not Liverpool it’s the RS .

that said my point was he can’t pretend to be anything other than what he is because the fanbase won’t buy it , that doesn’t mean he can’t win matches and change opinions because he maybe can but he’s a RS and I suspect he always will be .

Status
Not open for further replies.