Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doku is a promising prospect, but he is young and at this time is lacking in end product. Not sure we would have the patience for him, at this time he is like Saint Maximin without the goals. He could develop into something special though.

Why wouldn't Keane go. Generally speaking Everton's defence did well last year. It was up front and midfield where we were let down. Both Keane and Mina will have many suitors, the former in the Premier league and the latter around Europe too. Many were surprised when Keane didn't make the England quad of 33 and he's still only 28. Mina is just 26. Two good CBs in their prime.

I would love us to get Ben White for £50m because I think he's a terrific CB and would make a great partnership with Godfrey for both England and Everton, and price wise £50m is not his ceiling. But if we don't get him I'm happy with the central defenders we have. That position is not our problem.

Fair points mate.

I'm not sure there is a huge market for Keane. I think Mina is our best defender (we were very good when he played, like CL level good so I've like to see us keep him). As for Keane, I just think Benitez might like him.

What do you say White's ceiling at mate? Do you think he is Maguire level in potential? He's versatile, and comfortable on the ball. I'm not sure he's elite, but I haven't that much of him.

Marc Hottiger looked like a world class right back at USA 94....

Besic looked like a prime Kante in Brazil 2014.....

Who is going to be next in line to flop at goodison

Doku is a promising prospect, but he is young and at this time is lacking in end product. Not sure we would have the patience for him, at this time he is like Saint Maximin without the goals. He could develop into something special though.

One thing we can’t do, is wait until players turn into something special before we try and sign them.

You'd imagine Dumfried, I wonder if it was more left field.

Do you think Benitez will have a list of targets, and do you think he will be backed? Or come him without backing?

I hope Benitez targets are just dismissed. The pick n mix of signings just doesn’t work.

The Walsh/Koeman four number ten’s fiasco should have told us that, and now the James situation will dominate the summer.

If we sold the following (throwing numbers out)

Keane £20mil
Mina £20mil
James £10mil

= £50mil.

Then we could spend £50mil this window...as sales can be put into your books for that year but purchases can be staggered over contracts.

Meaning, if the White Deal was £20mil upfront and £30mil over the next 4/5 years.

We still have £50mil - £20mil upfront = £30mil to spend this window.

Lets say we then go to Dortmund and offer them £60mil for Bellingham all staggered over a 6 year contract at £10mil a year.

£30mil - £10mil = £20mil still to spend this window.

So FFP wise were fine...based on that.

However, dont forget we also have previous payments due for players signed in other windows....and we would also need to pay for the new players staggered payments next season and onwards.

So we dont actually know what the books look like really.

Moshiri does though, hes a superstar accountant so you would hope he knows what hes doing.

But we wouldnt need to sell DCL this summer to fund big moves...we could actually flog Gomes, Iwobi and other deadwood and still spend a small fortune.
1625261374505.png

Interesting watching Balague's interview on Toffee TV he said something along the lines of:

"There is money available, plenty of money available to make the squad better"

Might just be his assumption with Usmanov involved but fingers crossed hopefully Benitez may have told him this during his application stage.

He's a very well connected journalist mate, I don't think he just guesses.

I said a while back, both Benitez and Usmanov impressed each other. I wonder what would they would have been discussing? Benitez a manager who has basically kicked off at lack of funds to compete at the top at every club. I wonder what guarantees he would would to sacrifice the negative fall out?

I know some think they are going to employ Benitez to just get him to do what he did at Newcastle. I can only say, they are really really stupid if that's the plan, as he will kick off, and will bring the club into disrepute.If I was recommending them, I would say he is about the last manager I'd employ if I was going to give him no money.

Status
Not open for further replies.