New Everton Stadium Discussion

One, the bigger capacity the more of a likelihood a lot of ticket prices can be kept down. A smaller capacity means if we want any where near matchday income as our rivals (the big six, not Newcastle, Leicester or Aston Villa) then prices will rise sharpish.

Exactly this. We'll get some extra good publicity & visibility but - as far as my poor maths will allow - current ticket prices (or close to them) in a 53,000 stadium is going to make no inroad into the distance we are from virtually all our competitors cash wise.

When people aren't arsed they use the 'Richard' measuring contest. I know i'm not professional the club made their decisions. I think 2 simple things.

One, the bigger capacity the more of a likelihood a lot of ticket prices can be kept down. A smaller capacity means if we want any where near matchday income as our rivals (the big six, not Newcastle, Leicester or Aston Villa) then prices will rise sharpish.

Two, 52,888 might be an increase of around 13000 on Goodison but is that really going to be enough? Goodison isn't 39,414 because we only get that many attending. It's a stadium that has fallen behind in a number of ways to other clubs. If we had 55,000 now we'd fill it. Throw in the waterfront location and day trippers I think there's potenitial for more people wanting to attend.

As for the size as Meis said "size envy". Why not? Why do we, on of the big clubs in the league, have to remain cowering to the likes of City and Liverpool even with a new stadium? The club is moving forward in spite of a lack of confidence in themselves and the fan base. The new stadium should be like one of those in the Euro's. It should be big, bold, triple tiers, 60,000 plus. That's what does my head in it's like we've settled for the scaled back version.

We are not “one of the big clubs in the league”, I’m sorry, it isn’t the 80s anymore. Nobody in the world outside of our fanbase views us as a big club. When we justify a capacity similar to clubs that are winning league titles left right and centre then we can look at expanding for it.

We are a mid table club with ambitions of qualifying for Europe and the stadium is an appropriate size for that. Having a stadium that could hold 65,000 fans will not magically turn us into a top club.

We are not “one of the big clubs in the league”, I’m sorry, it isn’t the 80s anymore. Nobody in the world outside of our fanbase views us as a big club. When we justify a capacity similar to clubs that are winning league titles left right and centre then we can look at expanding for it.

We are a mid table club with ambitions of qualifying for Europe and the stadium is an appropriate size for that. Having a stadium that could hold 65,000 fans will not magically turn us into a top club.

Newcastle are not a big club but if they were to change stadiums it wouldn't be to go to a 52888 seat one. Instead of saying big club then we can say we have a big fanbase.

Iron ore prices are at an all time high, which obviously affects the price of steel.
However, I would imagine we would be buying our steel from one of Usmanovs businesses, so I don't think availability or cost is going to be an issue.

Iron ore and pellets are the main part of USM's business.

They have a blast furnace and steel making company called Ural but might just be for marine / ships.

It will be Laing's placing orders and they will be buying off their approved vendor list.

Gotta say, I enjoy searching Twitter for “Bramley Moore”, and seeing hundreds of reds who can’t decide between ‘it’ll never happen’, ‘ours is still bigger’, ‘it’s terrible threatening the city’s UNESCO status’ and other equally lame objections.

That's what bothers me. We're a mid table club, and we're building a mid sized stadium. Where is the ambition?

On side note, the club said that the stadium capacity can be increased in the future. But no where in any of the rendings is it made clear were the room for that expansion is being made. As an example, look at Stadium MK*. It's been built with future expansion in mind, and the architecture for that is very visible

*I could be thinking of a different stadium. I'm at work, so I can't search it just now