Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've listened to the Tony Scott podcast with Carragher and Benitez first interview. I wasn't completely sold on him beforehand but not to the same level as some of the drama Queens reactions I've seen (We don't care what the red [Poor language removed] say......unless he called us a small club". Anyway, the more Iisten to him and from others, the more I think IF we give him time, he'll improve us. It's going to be grim for another season at least I think as all that is broken cannot be fixed in a year so I think it's imperative we are patient.

I read that piece in the Athletic. Am still not onboard with this appointment at all and it does make me feel a bit ill.

However I do like the fact he had a squad analysis and something which outlined a plan - hoping it was a squad list which said "punt, keep, volley to Saudi" over players pictures.

b3c2bnky98e01.jpg

Good luck to the guy, hope he does well and you have to appreciate the cojones. Have to admit this is the least interested in Everton I have ever been. Such a disconnect with the fans, so much mediocrity throughout the club and there's no valid reason for it. We have spent hundreds of millions of pounds on garbage managers, players and a manager who wasn't in it for the duration.

Right, im all in now.

After reading about his squad "audit", its swayed me to think he will bin loads of this lot.

Lets back him now.

I read that piece in the Athletic. Am still not onboard with this appointment at all and it does make me feel a bit ill.

However I do like the fact he had a squad analysis and something which outlined a plan - hoping it was a squad list which said "punt, keep, volley to Saudi" over players pictures.

Whats been said about the squad?

still cant being myself to look at photos of him with blue and white scarf. I just hope he does well and somehow pulls off a miracle.

People who say he was RS a decade ago etc. he always shares the anniversaries of their trophy day, and he did so this year too.

A month or so ago

Whats been said about the squad?

"Last Friday, several of the required negative COVID-19 tests later, Benitez was able to leave his Caldy home but those negotiations continued. They were important to both parties but also something of a sideshow to the Spaniard, who was busily planning for his first moves in the job. He had long since carried out a detailed audit on Everton’s squad."

Status
Not open for further replies.