Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave you almost protest too much! It was a spur of the moment comment many years ago. I think personally you are right, when you listen again to the footage, but honestly it's just nuance now. I've said on here that I think the most important thing is that he does his utmost for the club once he's here. He's very vocal on that point. From here on, what else can we do but get behind him?
Agreed.

People are upset and it's a tense time. But - to use that horrible maxim - it is what it is.

You either crack on and get behind this, or you pull it down and sabotage it and the team.

This appointment has left me feeling empty and really disconnected from my club.

I'm totally fed up with an owner who is taking this club backwards, we've just had Carlo the rat use us a cash-cow until Real Madrid came knocking and now we're supposed to get behind a man who is realistically coming out of retirement to rinse us of £1 million a month, all with his best years way, way behind him!

Part of the spin to win us over was that Benitez 'lives locally' WTF! I'm simply not going to invest any more emotional energy into a club whose owner doesn't want his team to offer good attractive attacking football and will be perfectly happy with mid-table mediocrity until the new stadium is built.

Best case scenario is that he's gone before Christmas and worst is that it'll be another 12 months or more on top of that. He's not a miracle worker and he'll soon realise that the squad is pretty much woeful, full of lazy players happy to see out their contracts on mega-money.

I’ve been going to the old lady since 1969, seen good times and bad (plus Big Fat Sam!), but I’m done, I’ll watch from afar for a while.
How on earth can you accuse Moshiri of accepting mid table mediocrity ?. He has allowed us to spend a fortune to try to gatecrash success. It hasn't worked yet , but at least he has tried.

To be truthful, anyone looking to take a break over the appointment of a manager may need a break from football. Sports are sports, sports are entertainment, and shouldn't be taken that seriously.

- a recovering sports addict
Re-fn-member that. In what world did we enjoy just about ANYTHING from last season with the worst football I think I've ever seen under one of the "best managers in world football history"? And Benitez is basically the same if not a little more negative in his approach. Sport is meant to be entertainment. Enjoy yet another football that is going to make you want to gouge your eyes out.

This appointment has left me feeling empty and really disconnected from my club.

I'm totally fed up with an owner who is taking this club backwards, we've just had Carlo the rat use us a cash-cow until Real Madrid came knocking and now we're supposed to get behind a man who is realistically coming out of retirement to rinse us of £1 million a month, all with his best years way, way behind him!

Part of the spin to win us over was that Benitez 'lives locally' WTF! I'm simply not going to invest any more emotional energy into a club whose owner doesn't want his team to offer good attractive attacking football and will be perfectly happy with mid-table mediocrity until the new stadium is built.

Best case scenario is that he's gone before Christmas and worst is that it'll be another 12 months or more on top of that. He's not a miracle worker and he'll soon realise that the squad is pretty much woeful, full of lazy players happy to see out their contracts on mega-money.

I’ve been going to the old lady since 1969, seen good times and bad (plus Big Fat Sam!), but I’m done, I’ll watch from afar for a while.
As a 60 year old who has supported the club for over 50 years I feel exactly the same.
Results are great but you should never sell your soul or lose your self respect and dignity.
We did all 3 of those things today.

Re-fn-member that. In what world did we enjoy just about ANYTHING from last season with the worst football I think I've ever seen under one of the "best managers in world football history"? And Benitez is basically the same if not a little more negative in his approach. Sport is meant to be entertainment. Enjoy yet another football that is going to make you want to gouge your eyes out.

The problem largely was no fans in the stadium imo. I dont mind us playing compact providing the players actually are pressing / tackling and not playing like a training session.

Hopefully add some pace and power in the transfer window and we could become a good counter attacking side.

Last season just wasn't football.

Mate.

You are absolutely entitled to your own opinion. But please don't try and tell others what they should and shouldn't do, and certainly don't judge them as bad Evertonian's just because they happen to disagree with you.
We should all get behind who is in charge, if not what’s the point in supporting the club. I’ve actually sometime questioned myself why do I, so many false dawns, but I’m a fan and cling onto the hope that things might improve. I thought with Carlo here they would tbh we haven’t, imo what he did to us is much worse than what Benitez has said about us. It’s really up to Benitez to improve us then he will quickly get most on board whether they like him or not.

More patter theft from Downie this evening again

Fresh from dunelm. No expense spared for expressing outrage at Rafael.

Has spent his evening mocking Evertonians - despite being against Benitez himself.

SAY NO TO NON-INDEPENDENT EVERTON CONTENT

More patter theft from Downie this evening again

Has spent his evening mocking Evertonians - despite being against Benitez himself.

SAY NO TO NON-INDEPENDENT EVERTON CONTENT

"Dunhelm"?

Status
Not open for further replies.