Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know all about this rivalry mate, I lived it all my life. Been there, seen it, got the t-shirt.

I know about the divisions - real and imagined. If I can accomodate this appointment then I dont see how others cant. It's uber-fandom to say it cant be tolerated. If this was Celtic and Rangers there'd be some substance to the reaction. But we're not.

This is getting hyped way beyond reality.
So just because you're fine with it everyone else has to be? Behave mate

There are very few decent managers available. We thought we had struck gold with the appointment of Carlo and look what he did to us. In my opinion Rafael should never have been considered as a candidate, for the comments he made about us. This isn’t me being anti RS, as I’d love the likes of Rogers to be our manager. However we need to continue to support the team. I doubt Rafael will ever have any connection with the fans here, he didn’t at Chelsea, but that didn’t stop him winning silverware. Carlo couldn’t get a tune out of some of our team, despite widespread backing from the board as well as the fans. Time will tell if Rafael is that man to get the team functioning with a clear style of play.
Did Carlo ever have a relationship with the fans? Did Moyes?! I don’t even really know what that means. Moreover I don’t care. If he gets us into Europe I’ll sniff his mucky undercrackers regardless.

I'm not competing with @Mrtallywacker but I'm minded of the Bible (and, curiously, the Pet Shop Boys) ... What doth it profit a man if he gains the whole world, yet loses his soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.