New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty sure he covered it previously when he was on monday night football

That was a mealy-mouthed attempt at spin

He really just needs to outright fully apologise

I can 100% understand why he said it at the time because we showed them up and he didn't like it, but now he's the manager he needs a big gesture of good faith right out of the gate to get this fractured fan base on board, and this is honestly his best play if he's prepared to make a genuine apology

Sky Sports News' Vinny O'Connor at Finch Farm:

"Rafael Benitez is here at Everton’s Finch Farm training ground. He arrived a short while ago, driven in a people carrier, having made the 40-minute trip from his home on The Wirral. We couldn’t see him through the blacked-out windows, but we do understand that he was in the vehicle.

"Last night, we brought you the news that he is effectively the new Everton manager because the three-year contract had been finalised, but there is no official confirmation as yet.

"We’ve also seen the likes of Duncan Ferguson arriving before Benitez, David Unsworth and Leighton Baines are also here. We understand that Rafael Benitez will meet with them throughout the day as well."

Rafael straight into work lol. Good on him. Where is Brands FFS. Talk transfers !!!

Regardless of the era he does have the credentials and as far as baggage us concerned his comment ,"small club," is on the same insult level as our claim to be "the people's club,,"

Not sure if you're being serious or simply trying to wind people up?

His successes in Spain and with the RS were over a decade ago. Most people agree that the game has changed considerably in the intervening time. Post his time across the park he's done nothing to deserve being our manager.

Our reference to our club as the people's club is a positive statement putting us at one with the city and its population. For example "man of the people" is a compliment.

I don't care of a Spanish interpretation of the term "small club". Benitez was sufficiently versed in English to know its connotations. Irrespective of that I hated every one of his sneering and condescending references to us. Of all the RS managers he was the worst.

For my age I only remember Dalglish (respect as a player, respectful rivalry as a manager), Souness (would be same as Benitez - arrogant knob), Evans (didn't mind the dozy lad), Houillier (same), Rodgers (lacked maturity, ambitious wannabe).

Let's get down to Finch farm

There’ll be about 5 bedsheet lids outside.

I don’t expect any form of toxicity at the game or outside the ground unless things aren’t looking great for him on the pitch.

Despite the social media outrage fans at the ground are usually accepting and lenient when it comes to new arrivals at the club. The reaction both Rooney got in his return and Allardyce got on his first game in charge was that of a welcoming nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.