New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people really surprised that the club hasn't said anything about the appointment?

There are literally boats and dredgers in the dock doing stadium work and the club nor Colin Chong have given any update about the works starting. They're a joke, like some kind of amateur club.

He be boo’d from the off, the players WONT play for him

The players wont care mate its only a minority of supporters who are raging most Blues I know didnt want him but are really not that arsed.

People forget for managers and players its just a job.

I keep saying it for years we have needed a disciplinarian and Benitez is one - this group of players works well under one.

No he didnt, Houlier inherited the mess that souness etc left. Benitez won a hail mary from 3-0 down at HT and has dined out on that since.

He brought hoof football to the city of Liverpool, that is his actual legacy.

What boxes does he tick btw?
Apparently he said nothing in the HT team talk. Gerrard just went out and won it for them

Club hasn't gone anywhere mate.. it will be there when he is long gone. Its just another chapter in the history of the club . And it time it will be history.
Very true, but you can still mourn history and not want to be involved in it.

It's like a (pretty crap) DVD to me, I will watch out of morbid curiosity but as soon as it gets a stupid I will press the FF button.

Didn't they win five trophies in a season under Houllier? And he made that Liverpool side so fantastic - once he'd slashed Houllier's work - that they won one domestic trophy in six years despite having Reina, Mascherano, Torres, Alonso and Slippy.

And that Hector Cuper side was in two Champions League finals. He hardly inherited a mess.

And he really benefitted from Houllier bringing through Gerrard, Owen, Carragher etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.