New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are cockroaches to him. Mere annoyances.

He will probably look on gleefully as we all fight among each other. His very own plaything.
I think he has under estimated the consequences though. I'm betting he will not be able to attend goodison to watch his "plaything" if RB goes on a bad run of results. It can become a horrible place and he might not realise this until it's too late.

Anyone who thinks this is a good appointment, no problem - that's fine.

Anyone who wants everyone to get behind Benitez, that's fine - no problem.

Just stop telling the rest of us what to do and trying to act like there is some sort of hierarchy of support. There's not. Happy clapping is everyone's perogative and they are entitled to do it, but I won't be joining when I feel like the club is staring disaster in the face.
Well said. There are many types of fans, optimists, pessimists, the can't be arsed or the bleed blue types. We should all let live. Personally I'm not happy and as many have said... Everton have done me in personally. We watched for over a decade at dour uninspiring football that had a glass ceiling, we managed to smash the ceiling by getting a wealthy owner, he even has a filthy rich mate prepared to splash some extra, yet we have actually gone backwards in footballing terms. I can honestly say I have lost the will to be arsed now....yeah I'm one of them.. Benitez in ? I will stick to feeling let down and depressed...but I won't hold it against anyone if they see the positives in this. Good luck to you.

I think he has under estimated the consequences though. I'm betting he will not be able to attend goodison to watch his "plaything" if RB goes on a bad run of results. It can become a horrible place and he might not realise this until it's too late.
There is going to be mayhem.

Maybe he likes the thought of that.

The most unforgivable thing about this is the cowardly way its been leaked out. These clowns own the club! If they truly believe that this is the best decision to take the club forward then they should bloody well say so. Stand up and own it. I might not like it but I could at least respect them if they just went "this is how things are, deal with it". They daren't though because not content with being incompetent morons they're also utter cowards. Absolutely pathetic cowards.:mad:

Depends if you are a glass half full person, you could say when he took over Hector Cuper’s side that finished 5th and won the league with them in his first season.

He also took over a poor Liverpool team that finished 5th in his first season, won a couple of cups, reached a couple of finals and moved them in to genuine title challengers in a couple of years.

Not my choice but, Liverpool association aside, he ticks a lot of boxes.
No he didnt, Houlier inherited the mess that souness etc left. Benitez won a hail mary from 3-0 down at HT and has dined out on that since.

He brought hoof football to the city of Liverpool, that is his actual legacy.

What boxes does he tick btw?

But then if someone else comes in instead who the fans dont want are we going to chase them out as well?

We going into pre season then the season without a manager?

Give it Dunc? Half the fanbase dont want him either so chase him out?!

Thats the problem - there is no stand out candidate available and we dont know if Benitez is the best candidate or not. We're all assuming we know more than the board but the club never communicate with us so we cant full understand what situation the club is in.

Thats the danger for me we as fans dont have the full picture and our actions could put us into further dire straits.
Blame it on the fans you whopper

Status
Not open for further replies.