New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone come up with any decent songs for benitez yet? Or is it still just the

'' Rafael Rafael Rafael benitez, Rafael Rafael benitez la la la la, we've got denzel dumfries and nunes''

I'm not getting into the RS debate here but there are and were other good managers out there. Of course he has pedigree (even if lately he's been propping up garbage like Newcastle) but shouldn't we be looking for an ambitious, good manager like Gaultier who just won the French League, not a tired Nuno, an average Potter and so on. If you asked me what I thought of all the previous appointments in my lifetime I would have said

Bingham - what did he ever do to deserve being appointed by Everton, half decent seasons then a panic sacking
Lee - boring football, didn't do that much at Villa, half of his reign was decent the rest awful
Kendall - sentimental, was doing quite well at Blackburn, but a gamble nevertheless
Harvey - sentimental - a good coach but maybe not so good as a manager
Kendall - sentimental 2nd and 3rd times - didn't work
Walker - ridiculous, one-season wonder, horrible man
Royle - decent record, but also erred on the side of sentimental
Smith - dour, boring football, no pedigree at the right level - should never have lasted that long
Moyes - yet another gamble - more or less a qualified success
Martinez - a gamble based on a cup win, worked for a while (with a good team - also bought some dross)
Koeman - overrated, also based on one half-decent season at Southampton
Allardyce - a desperate choice when we weren't actually that desperate
Silva - another failed gamble
Ancelotti - the right man in the wrong job!

He "expected better" than Everton to come in for him. And there's a rumoured £9mill compo package. He seems to have agreed to manage Nice.

I'm assuming mosh is assuming the appointment of portly Lenin will unfold similarly to his stint at Chelsea. Yeah there was contempt but nothing comparable to the vast undercurrent of hostility that will exist at Everton. I got a similar feeling as Jeff goldblum in Jurassic park.
Nature will find a way?

It kinda is relevant as no one is offering them a big job due to the worries of not being able to hack it.

If that wasn't true Howe would have a job and Potter wouldn't be at Brighton.
Kind of. I think the risk is seen as too big for some clubs to take which is why the same managerial merry-go-round seems to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.