New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With you all the way there Gudbud. It's just been announced Scott Parker is leaving Fulham within the next day or so. You don't think it could be him, do you?

Parker, Potter, Lampard are exactly the sort of managers we could have given the job to in different circumstances. If it had been the squad Moyes left, then yes give it to one of them and with a couple of signings they could have an impact. If it went badly the downward impact would not be that much that we’d be in any trouble and they’d have time to get over their mistakes and build back.

The squad is such a shambles though that if a manager like Parker came in and didn’t get off to a flyer, the characters in this squad would have him under the bus in weeks, we’d be in the bottom half just as we were under Koeman, just as we were under Silva looking like the worst team in the league. Players strolling around going from defeat to defeat knowing the manager will be out the door before any of them are.

We just can’t take that chance this time with everything tied up in the stadium.

If you want a test as well, just ask people how many more points should he get than 59. People will just not answer that question.
So? If you'd have asked me in March how many points we'd get, I would've said a lot more than 59. Why would guessing at this point have any bearing on anything?

Under Moyes we got 61 points, 2 more than last year, and finished 4th.

Under Martinez we got 72 points and finished 5th.

Under Silva we got 54, 5 points less than last season, and finished 8th.

I could say we will get x amount of points and ultimately it means nothing unless it's stupidly high or low.

Tommy Robinson, or Stephen Yaxley Lennon to give him his proper name, deliberately stokes up fires against anyone either not born in the UK or is British born into a non catholic/Christian family

Mancs, Cockneys etc singing about scousers being poor, taunts about players/managers weight and/or height is not even in the same ballpark
I’ll wind my neck in on the FSW element although I’d much rather some genuine scouse wit was employed to describe people’s angst with the appointment.

I accept the ballpark comment but demonising groups of people for a bit of a laugh is how a lot of people progress to genuine levels of hatred - start be dehumanising them then eventually anything goes - it’s how you go from scousers being work shy robbers through to advocating a policy of “managed decline” of a whole city (I use scousers as its most pertinent for us but could use black men being philanderers or Jews having all the money).

I’ll refrain from making Tommy Robinson references in future.

Spurs and Palace have had a nightmare appointing a new manager and Wolves have gone with another puppet of Mendes.

There isn't this gigantic pool of world class managers available this summer from the looks of things.

Lets get Benitez out and appoint who?

Relegated Parker?
Relegated Howe?
16th place Potter?
"just give it Dunc?"

WAKE UP

On a previous post I firmly nailed my colours to the good ship Potter (and still do) but if the FSW is appointed I for one hope he’s a roaring success and not because it’ll wind up the rs but because we might win something, quality for Europ, may even challenge for a top 4 (i know, I know ) I’m fed up with constant failure. Being out of contention for anything after the first week in January, so my daughter who’s nearly 40 and been a ST holder since she was 11 can witness what I did in the late 70s and early 80s, so my 11 year old grandson who’s been a ST holder since he was 5 can see us win something. And so I can get the pleasure of seeing them enjoying a successful Everton side. Plus I’d take Parker any day of the week over Benitez.

The thing that annoys me most, is the propaganda that existed around Allardyce is already starting from his people. That essentially mid table is fantastic. Expect to see a lot more of this, and history to be re-written that we were in dire straights. I mean we were actually in a tight spot under Allardyce, but Benitez has no such excuse. He will still drum it home though.

Over and above anything else it was that constant chipping away at reality that wound me up with Allardyce, and I sense we are going to get the same with Benitez.

If you want a test as well, just ask people how many more points should he get than 59. People will just not answer that question.

Absolutely. If Ancelotti was that bad, as the historical revisionist are claiming, Benitez will be able to take largely the same squad, plus additions, to new heights.

Lol.

The bottom line is, Usmanov is funding the stadium or a majority of it.
He's the one who has been pushing for Benitez, If he's bad he'll just get sacked so meh.

Spurs and Palace have had a nightmare appointing a new manager and Wolves have gone with another puppet of Mendes.

There isn't this gigantic pool of world class managers available this summer from the looks of things.

Lets get Benitez out and appoint who?

Relegated Parker?
Relegated Howe?
16th place Potter?
"just give it Dunc?"

WAKE UP
The

State

of

This

Status
Not open for further replies.