New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The club and absolutely everybody at the top are entirely thick. They couldn’t spot a good decision in a million years and the best part is they’re clearly stalling Benitez and blindly hoping someone else becomes available before inevitably appointing him then sacking him inside two years. Rinse and repeat with these entirely incompetent lunatics.
I don’t think they’re stalling. To me, sadly, the silence indicates that the deal has been done. There have been no serious links to any other managers since Nuno. Favre all but gone to Palace and Galtier seemingly not interested.

Im honestly not that arsed with us these days - must have not bothered watching half of those final 8 games or so of the season last year.

I'll be going next season as I love the matchday experience but im getting less and less angry over the club these days as post Moyes we just have no identity.

People laughed at me when I put Dyche on my shortlist but here's the thing - Dyche would give you effort, fight, pride in your team - he would give his 100% to the cause and demand that in his players.

It may not work out but guess what it hasn't worked the last 7 or so years but with the added insult of a club without any pride!
I don't get the promotion of managers like Dyche because he 'will give us pride etc'. which is something lost under previous managers.

What you are proposing to do is place a limited manager in a position held by a series of limited managers before him, because his teams are a bit rough.

Has it occurred to you that the reason we have had such poor managers is because of the poor recruitment policies by the board? It doesn't then automatically stand to reason that we have to go back to square one by appointing a 21st century Joe Kinnear.

A proper club would be well aware of many managers around the world and would not be afraid of recruiting someone without previous PL experience (something which is total anathema to our board). Yes any board can get things wrong, but they should be capable of making appointments who can simultaneously improve us overall, get us to play better football (which is vital for revenue streams and brand perception, like it or not) and instill passion in the team.

I honestly think our fans have some kind of Stockholm syndrome - this has been so bad, so let's just make Burnley level appointments to get our pride back?! Madness.

The club and absolutely everybody at the top is entirely thick. They couldn’t spot a good decision in a million years and the best part is they’re clearly stalling Benitez and blindly hoping someone else becomes available before inevitably appointing him then sacking him inside two years. Rinse and repeat with these entirely incompetent lunatics.
It's mind-numbing isn't it and we are circling the drain as a club and spending hundreds of millions to do it. It's so disillusioning and we have very few bonds with the players now we have a manager we will hate. What is there left? It's no wonder many of us are disillusioned and feel as cut off from the club as we have for years.

If this Benitez talk is a ploy to make me more accepting of appointing nuno, I have to say it's highly effective. I'd definitely rather have the Portuguese pirate over the sweaty Spaniard
I think he would be a better fit personally. I thought that Benitez was a smokescreen last week but it's gone on too long and is too far gone now. I am still hoping some how as Nuno's agent hasn't leaked he is out yet, all we have had are tenuous links to Tottenham so maybe just maybe there is still a chance but all the mood music is Benitez sadly.

Maybe Nuno thinks he has a shot at Spurs... Not heard him linked with anyone else seems we agreed to him and then were swayed by Benitez in the interview stage, but interviews mean very little for me I'm sure Bobby gave a great interview.

So far this summer we've had the press telling us that:

- Everton are about to appoint Nuno
- Everton are about to appoint Benitez

- Spurs are about to appoint Conte
- Spurs are about to appoint Fonseca
- Spurs are about to appoint Gattuso

- Palace are about to appoint Nuno
- Palace are about to appoint Favre

No one has a clue other than the people directly involved in the negotiations. Let's wait and see what happens before getting massively wound up about something that may never happen.

So far this summer we've had the press telling us that:

- Everton are about to appoint Nuno
- Everton are about to appoint Benitez

- Spurs are about to appoint Conte
- Spurs are about to appoint Fonseca
- Spurs are about to appoint Gattuso

- Palace are about to appoint Nuno
- Palace are about to appoint Favre

No one has a clue other than the people directly involved in the negotiations. Let's wait and see what happens before getting massively wound up about something that may never happen.

Well the Palace and spurs ones are true, apart from gattuso

Well the Palace and spurs ones are true, apart from gattuso
Were they? How do you know apart from what the press have said? Do you have actual knowledge of the process?

My point is that the press reported them as though it was about to be signed. They clearly weren't. There were negotiations ongoing and they didn't end up with someone being hired. Because that's how negotiations work.

Twitter and the 24 hour news cycle means that there always needs to be "news". The first time Benitez was linked with us a couple of weeks ago it was a done deal. Next morning we apparently hadn't even properly spoken with him.

I don't know how people still get so wound up by this. Benitez might end up as our manager but the only people that actually have a clue are the people directly involved in the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.