New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they don't think Dunc is ready on his own yet and want someone to work with him while he's groomed to take over (Benitez) why not Dunc and Unsworth as a management team? They can take it on together then and learn off each other.

Failing that get a proven coach like Steve McClaren or even Steve Round back to work with Dunc. We know they're good coaches, just not managers.

Failing that let Nuno take the job as originally promised and bring in his own staff.

Why does it have to be rafael?

I don't want him - but I just find some of the arguments against him to be so short sighted.

He's actually a very successful coach who has a far better record than almost any manager we've ever appointed, and yet because he said some mean things about Everton once people are determined to paint him as some sort of failure. It just isn't true.
As we move forward as Club, we need a steady hand, a force who can deal with ego, poor performance and expectation, who shows a genuine affinity for the club and hopefully endurance too, he is none of those things in the recent times and he certainly isnt a long term appointee, his reign if appointed will be simply the most divisive appointment and thing to happen to Everton since Johnson's awful tenure.

We must think outside of the usual suspects, which we haven't done yet during Moshs tenure and we simply cannot afford to have a club constantly seek a new manager every 18 months at a time when we perhaps have an opportunity to exercise some financial muscle in a financially turbulent time.

His comments about us aside, he is not what we need at this juncture in our history.

Out of all of the names mentioned, his would be the most divisive in the fanbase. I was up in Southport&Formby at the weekend, and there are quite a few Old School blues with season tickets for 40 years and the like that are going to keep the ticket but not go the game.

I'm sure they'd start going if we won our first 10 games, but it's not a good sign when a substantial proportion of the fanbase would bite your hand off if you offered Eddie Howe to them right now, for fear of the alternative.

Maybe that was the Goodison plan all along.

I would rather have a double volcanic vindaloo and then walk around with a cork up my jacksie all week than have Eddie Howe as our Manager tbh. ;)

jcsw.gif

If they don't think Dunc is ready on his own yet and want someone to work with him while he's groomed to take over (Benitez) why not Dunc and Unsworth as a management team? They can take it on together then and learn off each other.

Failing that get a proven coach like Steve McClaren or even Steve Round back to work with Dunc. We know they're good coaches, just not managers.

Failing that let Nuno take the job as originally promised and bring in his own staff.

Why does it have to be rafael?

Afternoon drinking is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.