New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking News: Rafael and @Theoneandonly on their way home from the 15th meeting

AD00D9A7-9496-42EB-858F-187BDCCBAB6D.jpeg

I understand that but people are trying to find anything to hit him with with the word "supposedly" and to be honest you cant say he's bad at football management, his record although in the passed is up with many and more than most of the ones we have been linked with again not my number one choice but its getting a bit OTT with the slagging off for someone who hasnt even got the job
I definitely can say he’s bad at football management, he has been outshone at Newcastle by Steve Bruce doing a better job than him.
You could also say that’s an unfair comparison as he’d only just got promoted so maybe compare him to Nuno? Immediate back to back seventh place finishes.
He’s also just spent the last years dossing in China… has anyone gone to China and returned better or has anyone who used to be anyone gone there for retirement cash and faded into obscurity since?

We don’t want Bruce, NES or anyone from China and for the last almost decade that is who has outperformed Benitez.

He did well a long time ago, absolutely, but so did Wenger. Their times have passed.

not my number 1 choice by any means but it needs to be a balanced discussion not lets make up every bad thing we can think of from his passed were people don't have concrete evidence that's its true but are spinning everything to paint a worse picture than it is

….I don’t think anybody has made up the fact he publicly belittled Everton by calling us a small club. Unless he’s a ventriloquist dummy, I think that is all the concrete evidence we need.

I definitely can say he’s bad at football management, he has been outshone at Newcastle by Steve Bruce doing a better job than him.
You could also say that’s an unfair comparison as he’d only just got promoted so maybe compare him to Nuno? Immediate back to back seventh place finishes.
He’s also just spent the last years dossing in China… has anyone gone to China and returned better or has anyone who used to be anyone gone there for retirement cash and faded into obscurity since?

We don’t want Bruce, NES or anyone from China and for the last almost decade that is who has outperformed Benitez.

He did well a long time ago, absolutely, but so did Wenger. Their times have passed.
Dont think Bruce has outshone him , its hard to do comparisons season to season taking into account money spent and how other teams have shaped up as last season any one have money on the dark side losing 6 on the bounce at home or us losing nearly every other week at home.
An out of work manager gets offered millions to go to china with remit to keep team in top division but of course loads would turn it down, again im not backing him for the job but there has to be some sort of balance.

That Mersey Ferry tour.
With Gerry and the pacemakers blasting out.
Kenwright waiting for him at the Pier Head.
Then a stroll to Liver Buildings.
Liver birds lit up Red and then turning Blue.

They should pay me for these ideas.
They should run you outta town for such ideas ;)

….I don’t think anybody has made up the fact he publicly belittled Everton by calling us a small club. Unless he’s a ventriloquist dummy, I think that is all the concrete evidence we need.
Not saying that didn't happen but theirs loads of other stuff regarding Real Madrid, Newcastle, the dark side written that's being stated as fact which is down to interpretation

Dont think Bruce has outshone him , its hard to do comparisons season to season taking into account money spent and how other teams have shaped up as last season any one have money on the dark side losing 6 on the bounce at home or us losing nearly every other week at home.
An out of work manager gets offered millions to go to china with remit to keep team in top division but of course loads would turn it down, again im not backing him for the job but there has to be some sort of balance.
Bruce has finished higher in the last 2 seasons, than benitez did while he was there. Bruce also signed saint maximin. Who is better than any of Benitez' signings while there. He has also spent on average, the same amount per year as Benitez did. (Joelinton is included in that but isn't a Bruce signing as negotiations were already underway before Bruce was manager).

Not saying that didn't happen but theirs loads of other stuff regarding Real Madrid, Newcastle, the dark side written that's being stated as fact which is down to interpretation
At Napoli he took them out the CL
At Real he lasted 6months
At Newcastle he took them down
In China he finished bottom

These are all cold hard facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.