New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sad to say but if Benitez is confirmed I actually hope Everton are in a relegation battle by Christmas just so we can get shut of this RS and hope that there is a decent manager available to keep us in the division and then move forward the next year. For me the season is over before it began

What if he wins us the FA cup?? Would you celebrate it?

That was my criticism of Moyes. First five years, tremendous job, can't argue with him steadying a ship. Last half of his reign, disaster, self-preservation over the ambition of the club, knife to a gunfight etc.

What Benitez said was simply a statement of fact - we played and presented ourselves like a small club.
I don’t think the veracity of the claim is really the issue is it? I mean if I called my mates wife a fat, annoying, stuck up, controlling cow then it would be ‘simply a statement of fact’, but then I wouldn’t expect an invite to their next barbecue. An insult is an insult, and he knew full well that he was insulting this club when he said what he said.

I cannot understand anyone wanting Martinez back at all.
No one does, it's just like Biden V Trump. Who'd want either! Martinez is the lesser evil. I said to my mate the worse thing about Ancelotti leaving is that the Moshiri is going to pick another manager. We are going nowhere with this clown as the owner.

It's fair to say we would all want a unifying manager we can get behind but with this shortlist it doesn't exist unless we give it to a green Dunc.

Would everyone be calm when we let in our 70th of the season under Howe?
When Potter is signed off work for 6 months due to the abuse he gets?
When Nuno bankrupts us as he wanted 15 players from the Mendes stable?

They all come with problems. We need to get over ourselves because whoever we get we need to support our club because by God they need it.

We didn't compete, we clung on, made excuses, ruined all momentum, all to preserve Moyes' reputation as a mastermind until the top job came about.

Excuse after excuse after excuse.

Just one excuse, we didn't have the money. Maybe he could have refreshed the squad but which manager wants to sell his best players in order to do that?

Anyway, all in the past. If we get a new manager that does a better job than Moyes it'd be a nice step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.