New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

That was my criticism of Moyes. First five years, tremendous job, can't argue with him steadying a ship. Last half of his reign, disaster, self-preservation over the ambition of the club, knife to a gunfight etc.

What Benitez said was simply a statement of fact - we played and presented ourselves like a small club.

"Disaster"

08/09- 5th
09/10- 8th
10/11- 7th
11/12- 7th
12/13- 6th

We played and presented ourselves like a club which had very little money to compete with the teams at the top, yet throughout that period we did actually compete. More so than since he left.

This clip show's he's not a die-hard Red, but at the same time, it doesn't fill me with confidence that he would want the Everton job just so that he's in Liverpool , not really for the sake of doing well with Everton. He's not able even hypothetically, in that interview, to say that Everton has got potential, blah blah blah, so I just cannot see how he can get passionate about Everton.

On the other hand he could be fully committed to making it work simply because he does want to remain in the city, he's made no secret of that - if he fails he'll be looking for work elsewhere again. I really don't think commitment to improving Everton would be his problem, he would likely suit the job of being part of a project far better than some of the managers mentioned recently who would jump at the first opportunity of a better job, the question marks are over his ability to improve the club.

"Disaster"

08/09- 5th
09/10- 8th
10/11- 7th
11/12- 7th
12/13- 6th

We played and presented ourselves like a club which had very little money to compete with the teams at the top, yet throughout that period we did actually compete. More so than since he left.

We didn't compete, we clung on, made excuses, ruined all momentum, all to preserve Moyes' reputation as a mastermind until the top job came about.

Excuse after excuse after excuse.

I cannot understand anyone wanting Martinez back at all.

58D7544D-10E6-4A07-B1C8-7382496F19B4.jpeg

He will work better with Brands than Nuno would have done. I believe we will have the owner, manager and Director of football pulling in the same direction. If we get good players in, Benitez will get them playing well. If we don't, he can organise us just as well as Ancelotti did.

Status
Not open for further replies.