2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm coming round to the idea of DCL being sold. Purely because I'm fascinated to see what some posters will move on to when they can't constantly remind us all they don't rate him.
Why is it the DCL thread attracts so many bumpers?
Its ironic that the one's who are bleating he's not good enough would be the first to kick off that we're selling our assets.

He’s nowhere near Vardys level.

He is on par with Bamford at this point.

let’s not get carried away, he scored in 13 games. Was useless in the rest.
He scored more this season ?

with no pens ?

vardys past his peak, Doms a few years off his

strange comparison

…i wouldn’t be surprised if Leicester wanted DCL ahead of Vardy. I certainly think most PL managers would want DCL over Vardy, strange that you think that is strange.

From a financial aspect, who would be valued most?

Tbf eggs managers don't pick players based on their value.

Leicester's owners would probably prefer DCL over vardy, but their manager wouldn't.

Tbf eggs managers don't pick players based on their value.

Leicester's owners would probably prefer DCL over vardy, but their manager wouldn't.

…but value is based on performance (age, potential are contributing factors). Vardy suits how Leicester play, but I think even Rodgers might use him more sparingly.

My post was in response to @DL100 who thought it ‘strange’ anybody would pick DCL ahead of Vardy, when it’s not strange at all.

Why is it the DCL thread attracts so many bumpers?
Its ironic that the one's who are bleating he's not good enough would be the first to kick off that we're selling our assets.
No kick off here if we sold him. His stock will possibly never be this high again.

So you've identified yourself as someone who is always bleating he's not good enough which has really surprised me as I thought you were one of his biggest fans, could you explain why you think his stock will never be so high?

Last edited:
…but value is based on performance (age, potential are contributing factors). Vardy suits how Leicester play, but I think even Rodgers might use him more sparingly.

My post was in response to @DL100 who thought it ‘strange’ anybody would pick DCL ahead of Vardy, when it’s not strange at all.

Using him sparingly isn't the same as preferring him over DCL though.

Value is based on a lot of things, mostly age and nationality in DCLs case.

I actually think vardy has had a poor season btw but the way Rodgers would pick him 99/100 for the way they play.

Using him sparingly isn't the same as preferring him over DCL though.

Value is based on a lot of things, mostly age and nationality in DCLs case.

I actually think vardy has had a poor season btw but the way Rodgers would pick him 99/100 for the way they play.

…as I say, I was responding to a poster who thought it ‘strange’ a poster would pick DCL over Vardy, when it’s not strange at all. i know Vardy’s a terrific player, I have a lot of time for him but i’m sure some managers would prefer DCL over him. It’s not ‘strange’ to have that view.

The strange thing to me is not the fact that certain people don't seem to rate him (I find that odd but whatever) it is the complete vitriol they have when pointing out they don't rate him. You would think he was Brett Angell the way some people react to him.

The strange thing to me is not the fact that certain people don't seem to rate him (I find that odd but whatever) it is the complete vitriol they have when pointing out they don't rate him. You would think he was Brett Angell the way some people react to him.

…totally agree.

It’s great to have reasoned discussion because opinion differs, but posts from certain individuals in this thread border on the ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.