New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither were they, the football was not good. The Wolves fan has just said entertainment was a 6. And FYI we still have those players, so what you expecting Nuno inject pace into them.
Of course he won’t, but if that’s his style we can at least expect to see players coming in to add a bit of pace to the side.

I’m underwhelmed also with this appointment, but as I’ve already wrote, 1 bad season out of his last 4 and I’d take him over most of the other names mentioned and realistically in the mix.

Season before last they did the double over Man City and won at Spurs, I’m not writing him off completely.

Nuno has impressed me with what he's done at wolves (less so this season for whatever reason). I'd have been happy with nabbing him before we got Ancelotti but somehow a little disappointed we can't get an established world class winner just yet.

I guess a starting point of disappointment leading to pleasantly surprised is better than Carlo induced optimism leading to - uuurgh.

It definitely wasn't a vastly smaller budget. You spent an absolute fortune the last 3 seasons.
Wage bills

Oh look, there’s Everton, in 7th place, which is about where they should be finishing, higher a success, consistently lower for 3 seasons a failure.

Regarding amount Wolves spent the last 3 years, you’re missing some context. As in, a whole squad had to be built. There was no quality and no resale value when Fosun came in. Then they just did a trolley dash through Mendes’ bargain bin, many of whom were carp, but Costa, Cavaleiro and Saiss were decent, and have made us some dough on resale. The quality didn’t start coming in until Nuno did, so yeah we spaffed 150m on players in 2 years, but for a total squad value of under £200m. There was stuff all there to start with.

You lot are a prem ever present, always maintaining at least some level of squad value and quality, then pumping in loads more every year.

Wage bills

Oh look, there’s Everton, in 7th place, which is about where they should be finishing, higher a success, consistently lower for 3 seasons a failure.

Regarding amount Wolves spent the last 3 years, you’re missing some context. As in, a whole squad had to be built. There was no quality and no resale value when Fosun came in. Then they just did a trolley dash through Mendes’ bargain bin, many of whom were carp, but Costa, Cavaleiro and Saiss were decent, and have made us some dough on resale. The quality didn’t start coming in until Nuno did, so yeah we spaffed 150m on players in 2 years, but for a total squad value of under £200m. There was stuff all there to start with.

You lot are a prem ever present, always maintaining at least some level of squad value and quality, then pumping in loads more every year.
Good post and thank you. But about our squad value…. Um…..

I can’t remember such negativity around a new manager. Might be a good thing to manage level of expectations tbh

Would have preferred a more attack minded coach but I saw enough of the Wolves team in 2019 & 2020 to see them play some good footy and get lots of pundits swooning over them. They were certainly better than us with less talent at their disposal.

What I really liked about those teams was their desire to get to the byline and put crosses in.. would be great with DCL. Sick to death of our lot either crossing from near the 18 yard line or passing the ball backwards.

Think he’ll surprise a few.. (he’ll certainly need to, going of some comments..)

This may have already been posted. Interesting

Attachments

• 4BD59C93-C03D-4FBF-9BEB-21547406DD15.png
    4BD59C93-C03D-4FBF-9BEB-21547406DD15.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 203
Wage bills

The fact is you have spent £280 odd million in transfers in the last 3 seasons. So don't how you can say he has worked wonders on a budget. He has had a lot of money to spend in that time frame. More than most clubs in the league.

I can’t remember such negativity around a new manager. Might be a good thing to manage level of expectations tbh

Would have preferred a more attack minded coach but I saw enough of the Wolves team in 2019 & 2020 to see them play some good footy and get lots of pundits swooning over them. They were certainly better than us with less talent at their disposal.

What I really liked about those teams was their desire to get to the byline and put crosses in.. would be great with DCL. Sick to death of our lot either crossing from near the 18 yard line or passing the ball backwards.

Think he’ll surprise a few.. (he’ll certainly need to, going of some comments..)

This is the same manager Wolves just sacked as they recognised he was incapable of taking them further.

Wolves.

Ok. So I take it you accepted the 8th, 10th and 12th before that, two of them provided by an alleged world class manager?
That’s the problem with fans, the eternal tightrope between optimism and expectation.
We had about 15-20% of our lot wanting him gone last season for how dull it was, another large group saying give him til Christmas next season when got Jiménez back, and the rest along the lines of ‘what are you talking about, this is still the best for nearly half a century’.

Then there were the few old farts that remember winning titles in the 50s that didn’t think 7th was anything to be happy about, it’s a disgrace that we haven’t won a cup yet.

You’ve got to actually put your expectation level into context. Should you be doing better than you are? Yes. Should Everton be finishing that low with their spend in the Moshiri era? No.
Would getting back to being the ‘best of the rest‘ actually be an achievement considering recent finishes: yes.
If a manager leaves a club better than they found it, especially relative to budget, then they’ve succeeded. By that metric, Nuno was a success. Every manager at Everton since Moshiri’s millions has failed.
Yet your club did not feel he and his style would progress them any further and have opted for a different style of football to pursue their aims.
It is probable he will never achieve better than 7th place, he has attained his natural ceiling.
We are both pursuing the same thing with similar funding and currently occupying similar mid table positions. If he wasn’t considered suitable for you at this juncture how will he be suitable for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.