New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where we got Moyes from has no bearing on this and if I remember Preston were progressing and in or around the playoffs when he was there. Potter is a good coach his teams play nice football, he develops young players. He could work with a dof all ticks, then you look at a 25% win rate over two seasons of Premier league football. That's nine wins a season. Nine. Sure it's Brighton they don't have the players and his XG is good but he stinks of Martinez so far. What makes you think he would over achieve with our squad if he isnt with them? If he had shown even small progress in the league, also what's his attitude like? So far though he is mostly promise right now.
Yeah, he would have had them promoted if he had stayed. Also came to an Everton that had been a decade in relegation fights and only once or twice finishing top half in that time. Different times

If you do not fancy any of them then who would you like?
I fancy Ten Hag, Potter, and Rangnick but theirs little chance as they either have a good thing going right now or the structure of the club doesn't fit the manager.

My personal picks of the ones available:
Paulo Fonseca
Christophe Galtier
Lucien Favre
Andre Villas Boas
Domenico Tedesco
Pellegrino Matarazzo
Marcello Gallardo

Agree except I don't think Nuno is as bad as people think he did instill a style and identity into Wolves obviously aided by an agent but you still have to be a good coach to do that. Bad season last year but they lost two top forwards and he still finished above Potter. He isnt my first choice but not Rafael/Howe levels of nightmare...
results wise I think Nuno is ok. BUT he is just so uninspiring. If we are happy with mid table mediocrity then he would be ok. In that sense he is right there with Moyes and Co.
Better than Howe or Benitez or the whole Lampard, Gerard group but any of them would probably take us to the Championship. Nuno would keep us in the division but we wouldn't progress with him IMHO.

I fancy Ten Hag, Potter, and Rangnick but theirs little chance as they either have a good thing going right now or the structure of the club doesn't fit the manager.

My personal picks of the ones available:
Paulo Fonseca
Christophe Galtier
Lucien Favre
Andre Villas Boas
Domenico Tedesco
Pellegrino Matarazzo
Marcello Gallardo

Interesting, but I bet none of these names are under consideration by the club heirarchy.

results wise I think Nuno is ok. BUT he is just so uninspiring. If we are happy with mid table mediocrity then he would be ok. In that sense he is right there with Moyes and Co.
Better than Howe or Benitez or the whole Lampard, Gerard group but any of them would probably take us to the Championship. Nuno would keep us in the division but we wouldn't progress with him IMHO.
I can see that and do kind of agree. But then everyone on the list is a gamble.

My fear with Potter is if we were languishing in the lower part of the table as his record suggests, how long would he get?That's the issue Everton have yes we need a rebuild yes we need an identity and all that takes time, but we also expect a baseline of results at the same time. We need our version of Rogers or Poch. Whoever that is.
Funny you should mention those two as there is this manager coaching a smaller club and making a decent fist of it while trying to overhaul their style and solidify their recruitment like Rodgers at Swansea and Poch at Saints. Have you heard of Graeme Potter?

My fear with Potter is if we were languishing in the lower part of the table as his record suggests, how long would he get?That's the issue Everton have yes we need a rebuild yes we need an identity and all that takes time, but we also expect a baseline of results at the same time. We need our version of Rogers or Poch. Whoever that is.
Thing is people need to be okay while we are in the building phase to play better more attractive football on the pitch but still finishing 10th. There needs to be a level of satisfaction outside of points and scores. Keep us away from relegation and play attractive football. Potter has done that while NES hasn't and without the super agents help NES wouldn't have gotten the team he did. Potter and BHA built their team and attracted new younger players through their style of play

Where we got Moyes from has no bearing on this and if I remember Preston were progressing and in or around the playoffs when he was there. Potter is a good coach his teams play nice football, he develops young players. He could work with a dof all ticks, then you look at a 25% win rate over two seasons of Premier league football. That's nine wins a season. Nine. Sure it's Brighton they don't have the players and his XG is good but he stinks of Martinez so far. What makes you think he would over achieve with our squad if he isnt with them? If he had shown even small progress in the league I could understand it more, also what's his attitude like? So far though he is mostly promise right now.
I agree he's mostly promise. Just more promise than most and our options are getting less and less, if he even is an option

Status
Not open for further replies.