New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton hardly have the best striking options do they?

They created a lot of chances but didn't slot

We have a good striker in DCL

We create the same amount of chances as Bright did but stick a good striker on the end of them then surely that suggests we'll score more goals?

His Brighton side were tight at the back, so if we're tight at the back and scoring goals then we'll win football games and thus have points and thus be in contention for European places

That's just common sense isn't it?
If he comes in I will support him and yes it's not easy at Brighton but I just don't see these ifs and buts and in theory, the situation at Everton is totally different as is the pressure and a 25% win record in the premier just doesn't inspire. And makes me concerned we would be in the same position in eighteen months rather like we were with Silva. I think we should appoint someone with at least a bit more of an actual record of more results. I recognise we need a rebuild and more of a coach but what would be building towards with Potter beyond a style of play? I want to see it but I don't yet. I will go away and look into him more, but I feel it's a gamble when there are candidates like Fonseca and Farve out there that have more of a record and can implement a style.

I would still have Lampard. Like the style he would bring. Has gained a few seasons experience to learn from any mistakes and is up and coming. Think Chelsea was just too big and pressurised at the time but didn't do as bad as people make out. Only danger would be if he takes Everton upwards then Chelsea could easily line him up again.

he spent 200m and had them in 9th

Did Brands appoint Van Bommel at PSV? He was lined up as a contingency for if Pep left city a couple years ago. Aaaaaaand with that I see he joined Wolfsburg a few weeks ago. Ancelotti didn't half leave at a bad time when the merry go round was stopping

I'm singing from the same hymn sheet as you: no to Roberto for me.

He gave us a go and couldn't shift the cultural dial of the club back far enough to impose a possession based game on us. And he'd have that problem again.

Some (many or even most) Evertonians seem to want a direct long ball style of play. They rejected the school of science.
Its you insinuating (without foundation) that he was forced out, along with all other managers since, by the players, that I am objecting to.

If he comes in will support him but I just don't see these ifs and buts and in theory, the situation at Everton is totally different as is the pressure and a 25% win record in the premier just doesn't inspire. I think we should appoint someone with at least a bit more of an actual record of more results. I recognise we need a rebuild and more of a coach but what would be building towards with Potter beyond a style of play? I want to see it but I don't. I will go away and look into him more, but I feel it's a gamble when there are candidates like Fonseca and Farve out there that have more of a record and can implement a style.

I wouldn't like either of Fonseca or Favre.

Fonseca was sacked by Roma. They brought him in to essentially do the type of job with Roma he'd be asked to do here only its relatively easier there. He didn't pull up any trees.

Favre for me is the sort of guy who leads a team up the mountain and then right back down again. Everywhere he has been is marked with a great start followed by a sustained slump. He walked out on Moenchengladbach after leading them into the Champions League after a poor start to the following season. That's typical of his career.

We would have to buy him out of his West Ham contract - never go back, he's like Father Christmas gets the sack a lot .... his record since leaving us is pants he's a failure one good season at West ham no thanks .... Knife to a gunfight attitude remember back .... hoof ball too.....

Rather give big Dunc a go TBH with a good no 2 - Tim Cahill or Lampard.... than him return ......if he does its Blue Bill with our Davey .... far to cosy.....
Wasn't that knife to a gun fight in reference to the spending power
compared to the top 4. He greatly underexaggerated if you ask me. It was more brang a spoon to ww3.

Need a management team all with different superpowers, a motivator who kicks ass, a master tactician who shoots xG out his eyeballs, someone super sexy in the transfer market and the last lad can crack jokes and fly helicopters

I wouldn't like either of Fonseca or Favre.

Fonseca was sacked by Roma. They brought him in to essentially do the type of job with Roma he'd be asked to do here only its relatively easier there. He didn't pull up any trees.

Favre for me is the sort of guy who leads a team up the mountain and then right back down again. Everywhere he has been is marked with a great start followed by a sustained slump. He walked out on Moenchengladbach after leading them into the Champions League after a poor start to the following season. That's typical of his career.
I take the point there is no ideal candidate most of them are a gamble on the list. Those are valid criticisms but looking at Fonseca his fast tempo style fits with us and he has a bit more a proven record than Potter looking at his win percentage. Farve has built teams and improved players.. Who do you favour?

Status
Not open for further replies.