New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Four prem games unbeaten...... football far faster than under Carlo......
Arsenal game was dreadful and not fast at all. And United away we barely saw the ball after an OG out us ahead.

ferguson did what was asked, but did not do anything better than what we have seen recently in terms of football quality. Back to basics, hard work and determination. Hence why he took Kean back off after he came on and didn’t move a muscle

passion and basics doesn’t work long term. Let him go prove he’s ready for Everton elsewhere.

Very quiet on the odds front. A bit of drift for Nuno but still 8/11 favourite. Ferguson coming in a little, but not much happening.

I had a dabble on Rangnick at 33's when he was out there. I would say that is the value at this point, picking out a couple of the longer guys. Galtier, Favre, Pochettino you can get at 30-40/1 and a bit of Dyche at 45-1 seems decent value plays to me.

The Big Oil never sleeps, he’s just plugged in and recharging, ready to break his record of 500 meaningless posts in one day, in the new managers thread.

I suspect he doesn’t get invited to many parties.
He's doing my bloody head in! The irritating little stat obsessed freak. I was losing the will to live after reading this thread yesterday.

I think unfortunately all managers we are likely to appoint will be a step down from Carlo in terms of their standing in the game. It will no doubt impact players wanting to move on and means we’re back to square one in terms of the so-called project.
Indeed.

A step up from Nuno would do me though and there are plenty out there who would jump at the chance to manage a club as big as Everton.

Early days yet though and very few credible sources and reporting so we could still end up surprised, hopefully in the happy kind of way.

Doesn't seem to me we have our choice identified yet and just sounding people out in the background so it could be anyone even someone not on the bookies radar.

Arsenal game was dreadful and not fast at all. And United away we barely saw the ball after an OG out us ahead.

ferguson did what was asked, but did not do anything better than what we have seen recently in terms of football quality. Back to basics, hard work and determination. Hence why he took Kean back off after he came on and didn’t move a muscle

passion and basics doesn’t work long term. Let him go prove he’s ready for Everton elsewhere.
Imagine judging any manager over a four game period.

You could choose any four game period for any manager in history and argue they were either amazing or dreadful.

Very quiet on the odds front. A bit of drift for Nuno but still 8/11 favourite. Ferguson coming in a little, but not much happening.

I had a dabble on Rangnick at 33's when he was out there. I would say that is the value at this point, picking out a couple of the longer guys. Galtier, Favre, Pochettino you can get at 30-40/1 and a bit of Dyche at 45-1 seems decent value plays to me.

Oh god not dyche please!!

Think momentum is going towards big dunc at the moment.

He's making it clear he wants the job so my thought is he should be given a go.

As someone said above, anyone after Ancelotti is a bit of a downstep.

Going for a new hungry manager who loves the club isn't a bad thing and if it's ever going to happen, it's now.

Of course if someone like Pep or poch etc suddenly were in the running I'd want them, but Ferguson over someone like Nuno isn't that big a leap, for me.

Regarding Duncan Ferguson,

I think at the age of 50 is a bit late to want to start your management career, I agree with others that he should go away and manage a team to prove he is worth a shot at the top of this club. OR manage another team inside the club.

I think the club are beyond taking chances on new appointments, like I`ve said before you cant guarantee success with big names but it is less risky than taking an unproven coach.

Simon Jordan made a good point today on TalkSport, he said Ferguson has a job for life at Everton but if he becomes manager and gets sacked that is pretty much it for him at this club. Im not convinced he good do the job.....

Its all very well sat here with many saying we should get a manager that has managed below the levels of Everton so he grows with the club, we have tried that 4 of the last 5 managers! We have literally FAILED with what most are suggesting! We have only tried 1 manager of the world class variety, OK we finished 10th but also broke our Arsenal and Analfield hoodoo, in hindsight he was not interested towards the end. Had he been fully committed I think he would have finished higher and I firmly believe we would have qualified for Europe next season with a few additions.

Think momentum is going towards big dunc at the moment.

He's making it clear he wants the job so my thought is he should be given a go.

As someone said above, anyone after Ancelotti is a bit of a downstep.

Going for a new hungry manager who loves the club isn't a bad thing and if it's ever going to happen, it's now.

Of course if someone like Pep or poch etc suddenly were in the running I'd want them, but Ferguson over someone like Nuno isn't that big a leap, for me.

The only positive for Ferguson is that you’d hope the club would have him doing the coaching / tactical stuff whilst leaving Brands to do recruitment. I am not sure any other manager would accept that, but it’s probably the best way to find out if Brands is as good as his pay would suggest.

It’s a massive gamble though.

Arsenal and Chelsea employed managers who had never managed before. The RS employed Roy Hodgson, United appointed Moyes and Spurs employed Pochettino who had done a similar job at Southampton in that time.

Would they employ him right at this moment? Probably not, would they have employed him the season before last when he was getting the plaudits, yeah possibly.

Time can change peoples opinions very quickly.
Ian Buchan anyone? No I thought not.

Maybe Bertie Mee succeeded because it was a different era - and obviously he had Dave Sexton and Don Howe - he had a very limited playing career.

Indeed.

A step up from Nuno would do me though and there are plenty out there who would jump at the chance to manage a club as big as Everton.

Early days yet though and very few credible sources and reporting so we could still end up surprised, hopefully in the happy kind of way.
It’s a high profile and well paid job, so I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Someone to boot out the slugs and play some decent winning football will do me!

Status
Not open for further replies.