New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
American sports be like :

Baseball - Stolen from rounders, steriods added
American Football - Stolen from Rugby and added padding and forward passing cos puss
Basketball - Netball

Meanwhile the English only go and invent the biggest sport in the world and then dominate it.

Whooops, sorry old bean.
You missed the bits where they make their sports easier.

American football- like rugby but with protection and made easier with forward passes, like you said, but with frequent oxygen breaks and changes of teams so they don't get tired .

Baseball - rounders but with a bigger bat and gloves to help catch the hurty ball.

Basketball - netball but with a backboard to help get the ball in. Also you can run with the ball so intelligent off the ball movement is less important.

Strangely to get back on topic I was talking to my Spurs supporting mate and I said we MIGHT be taking a look at Potter, I was expecting him to giggle but he actually said he would love Spurs to get him and thinks hes a good manager.

Just found it a bit weird, thats all.

You missed the bits where they make their sports easier.

American football- like rugby but with protection and made easier with forward passes, like you said, but with frequent oxygen breaks and changes of teams so they don't get tired .

Baseball - rounders but with a bigger bat and gloves to help catch the hurty ball.

Basketball - netball but with a backboard to help get the ball in. Also you can run with the ball so intelligent off the ball movement is less important.

American Football. The sport where they have a man that comes onto the pitch just to kick a ball then trots back off again.

Well I'm not really trying to claim football am I? I understand the US has gotten numerous foreign contributions to get where they are now. It's truly a worldwide game, the English trying to gatekeep Americans (I don't just mean on here) is a bit silly. Like the Italians call it Calcio and have won 4x the World Cups y'all have so what does it matter if I call it soccer?
Just think you should respect the old "English" abit more considering I know 3 lads in the States as we speak teaching for kids how play Soccer.

Chelsea was the only achievement.
Second game v United was huff and puff and we couldn't hold on and drew.
Leicester in the LC: Leicester were the better team by far and we lost on the night.
Arsenal at home was dire.

It got progressively worse.

Why do people argue his case for him? Is it because they were young and hero worshipped him when we were rubbish in the 90s and he was a player who scored against Liverpool and United?

I can only think it is, because its not based on any persuasive reasoning over his 'management skills'.
And you perceive that to be a failure , after what form we were in, before he took over from another absolute failure that you irrationally supported , in the subsequently widely pursued Marco Silva. Just admit it mate , that you got it wildly wrong.

Well I'm not really trying to claim football am I? I understand the US has gotten numerous foreign contributions to get where they are now. It's truly a worldwide game, the English trying to gatekeep Americans (I don't just mean on here) is a bit silly. Like the Italians call it Calcio and have won 4x the World Cups y'all have so what does it matter if I call it soccer?

Tbf calcio is a ridiculous name for football, and it’s neither here nor there how successful the Italians have been, we invented it so we get to name it :hayee:

Carlo is utter crap now though for a reason
Carlo certainly isn't crap. Maybe I felt he had more about him as a person than recent events have shown.

However, mixed in with the really good results in the season go by were some absolutely shocking results and performances almost exclusively at Goodison.
He has to shoulder blame for those games as every other manager would.

They didn't bother me too much because I believed he was staying around to try to build something good.

That isn't happening now so we can only judge as Evertonians on what he achieved while Everton manager and it is probably about a 5 or a 6 out of ten .

For what it is worth I think he has made a mistake going back to Madrid and will pay the price.

Strangely to get back on topic I was talking to my Spurs supporting mate and I said we MIGHT be taking a look at Potter, I was expecting him to giggle but he actually said he would love Spurs to get him and thinks hes a good manager.

Just found it a bit weird, thats all.

He’s shorter odds for Spurs than for Everton. Can see him moving somewhere soon, even though his 3 league finishes have all been pretty crap.

Carlo certainly isn't crap. Maybe I felt he had more about him as a person than recent events have shown.

However, mixed in with the really good results in the season go by were some absolutely shocking results and performances almost exclusively at Goodison.
He has to shoulder blame for those games as every other manager would.

They didn't bother me too much because I believed he was staying around to try to build something good.

That isn't happening now so we can only judge as Evertonians on what he achieved while Everton manager and it is probably about a 5 or a 6 out of ten .

For what it is worth I think he has made a mistake going back to Madrid and will pay the price.
He was a completely terrible manager here and he wasn't good for Napoli either. The game is past him and I for one congratulate Simeone on back to back La Liga victories in advance of next season.

Just think you should respect the old "English" abit more considering I know 3 lads in the States as we speak teaching for kids how play Soccer.
I think maybe whether there are English youth coaches or not is a bit far away from where we started at the elite managers of the game are currently not English except for Graeme Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.