New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My last line?

Search the web for an under the lights Goodison home game, with the sirens then Z Cars, then compare that primeval sound from the crowd to that at Brighton.

Then reverse it if things go bad.

If you get it, you are an Evertonian. If you dont, you are not.
Mate. He wouldn't even understand a word what anyone was saying at Goodison.

I think Santo is a shoo in but I’d love to see Sarri. Think he would *get* Everton and would play football the right way.

Yeah I agree Sarri would be good. My top pick is Conte, but I get that he could well be lured away by a Champions league contender after a year. Sarri is possibly in the same category, but it's still worth the risk.

I think the biggest problem with appointing a manager like Santo is that some of the better players will use it as an excuse to leave, DCL to man Utd, Richarlison and Digne to Madrid. That might happen anyway but it gives the players an excuse, citing a "lack of ambition" from the club.

Just a question…

Do people on here not like Moyes because of his comments etc when he left? Is that the main reason or just didn’t like him as a manager?

Everyone says he’s not a winner which I get, he’s not my first choice but how many FA cup finals, semi finals & top 6 finishes have we had since he left?
More to the point , how many has he had ?

Just a question…

Do people on here not like Moyes because of his comments etc when he left? Is that the main reason or just didn’t like him as a manager?

Everyone says he’s not a winner which I get, he’s not my first choice but how many FA cup finals, semi finals & top 6 finishes have we had since he left?

How many wins against top 6 opposition have we had since he left?

It's not.

I would rather appoint a manager with a proven track record and experience of winning than someone who has only managed in the championship or 7th and below in the Premier league. If you haven't got a manager another club wants is he really that good?
It hasn't worked with ancelotti but that doesn't mean we should only go for unproven managers.

Just a question…

Speaking personally, I'm not bothered about what he said when he left, nor that he left. Indeed, I was personally delighted when he left.

No, the reason I don't want him back is because if you're a club looking to progress and win something, he's one of the last managers you should have near the job. It hasn't surprised me that he's did a good job for West Ham, but what he's done this season is the very limit of what he can do - watch next season when he starts trotting out the excuses, talking about expected losses and so on.

He'd be in every way a pointless appointment, because we don't need him to finish top ten - we pretty much will be default due to the way the league is.

So yeah, for me it's very much managerial reasons. He's the second worst option on the list for me, slightly ahead of Howe - which would be waving the white flag as a club and asking to be folded up - but slightly worse than Duncan Ferguson.

Yeah I agree Sarri would be good. My top pick is Conte, but I get that he could well be lured away by a Champions league contender after a year. Sarri is possibly in the same category, but it's still worth the risk.

I think the biggest problem with appointing a manager like Santo is that some of the better players will use it as an excuse to leave, DCL to man Utd, Richarlison and Digne to Madrid. That might happen anyway but it gives the players an excuse, citing a "lack of ambition" from the club.

They'd be 100% correct like. Couldn't blame them in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.