New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You find it on Google then mate. Granted it’s not a popular opinion, but it’s mine nonetheless. This is a forum isn’t it. I totally understand why others would have the opposite opinion - most of my mates do. I’m not perplexed at all. I just desperately want to win something so I’m willing to think outside the box

But Who in the right mind would join a forum 10 years ago to wind you up after all that time. That’s some proper conspiracy thinking that.

10 years, 10 minutes.... what’s the difference

It’s completely ridiculous... to want him here.

Last edited:
Some things I thought were worth mentioning about Potter.

At Brighton, the average age of his signings (at the time they joined) is 24. Only 4 were older than 24. His signings have included Championship/League 1 players and younger lesser-known players from across the continent.

Brighton's average age this season was 25.8, the 6th-lowest in the league (Everton's was 26.4, the 9th-highest).

He's binned off the likes of Ryan, Duffy, Murray and bedded in younger players like White, Sanchez, Alzate, Lamptey, and that crab Connolly.

If we're to believe that Brands identified younger, less 'obvious' targets like Godfrey and Nkounkou, surely Potter seems a good match for Brands, then?

Also, Brighton for me look a good striker away from being top half. They always look extremely well-coached. And even if it's clearly a much lower level, winning 3 promotions and a domestic cup with Ostersund in Sweden, as well as getting them to the Europa last 32 (the same year we embarrassed ourselves in it under Koeman and Unsworth) is obviously a fantastic achievement. They had never previously been in the Swedish top tier before him.

I get the feeling people are dismissing him because 'his name's Graham Potter' or because his PL record is maybe comparable with that of Martinez or Silva. I personally think he's a level above that. And in terms of ethos anyway, his seems the most aligned with what Brands' appears to be.
Rename him 'Gramez Potterio' and I'm in !!

Because the boss sends prompts to lurkers to ask if they want to start posting. Some of the prompts (I think) restrict viewing of certain subjects without posting.

Its why I started posting, and one of my first posts was about Bristol City.
It was a suspicious first post in 10 years, that's all I'm saying.

3 years in and none of us still know what he actually does, indicates that it isn’t a lot. Furthermore, the squad still has the same holes in it that were there when he started.

There are a lot of excuses that help people devoid Brands of any fault at all for the position we are in as a football club, which isn’t a great one.

I feel like Carlo leaving and the Euros has only bought him more time.
He is a DoF not a manager. He has re organised the academy, but been banned for signing youngsters for a period. He works with the manager to plan transfers, it’s not done in isolation.

It may be unconventional, but what about managing by committee? Dunc for the harder side of Everton passion to train and bust knee caps, Baines for the softer side of Everton passion (good cop, bad cop type of thing), Si Currie handles transfers with the GoT transfer thread handling scouting, and Twitter picks the team/subs. The Esk can handle financials.

If you look at the date it was a deadline day when GOT made you sign up to view the thread. I’ve been lurking longer than that. I am a blue. I’ve seen the N’Zogbia saga, the Mirallas shout coming out of nowhere by DAVIDMOYES.

I was there at Wembley last time we won a trophy as a 14 year old right next to the old tunnel. Standing just inside the tunnel was Barlow, Barrett and Ebbrell (I think) as they were not on the bench. I’ve just turned 40. I want to win something rather than repeat the same mistakes
What’s your view on salmon butties?

He is one I like who should be on the shortlist, wants to come to England is available and likes to play attacking football and has experience of managing on two fronts which is what we will need when we are back in Europe (don't laugh).

I think we have interviewed him before so not sure if he would still be on the radar of the board.

I have a feeling that he would tell Brands what he wants in terms of position and skillset/mentality and rely alot on Brands judgement.

Then Brands may be more confident to open the coffers...also i can see ferguson preferring to focus on younger players.
Yeh, how deeply do you commit though?
We could spend another 100mil (sales as well as kitty) and be left with another mishmash of players. As you say, hopefully brands will direct the signings

Status
Not open for further replies.