New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why you would say that but I think we are in a far better place now in terms of quality in the squad than when Moyes first took over. We really had very little at that time.

Pickford, Digne, Godfrey,Allan, Doucoure,Richarlison and DCL are a good base on which to build a team.

There are another three or four solid if unspectacular players as well .

The addition of four good signings in the right areas would give us a very decent team.
There is probably a 2 year building period to become competitive though. That's assuming we get pretty much all our signings right from now till then and that's to get us on the fringes.

I don't think Conte would be happy to work to that sort of timeframe and build something progressively.

He would ask for 150 million in the summer which we don't have. He wants established players to add to a strong base. We don't have that either.

We have tried every style, no idea who we go for now, just wait and see i guess, at least it looks like it will be Brands choice finally.
I'm not even sure who Brands would go for to be honest. Or his vision for what an Everton team would play like, what principle formation etc. You'd think he has a vision which underpins scouting and transfer targets.

Probably for the same reasons why Carlo failed.

Hes not a builder, hes a trophy winner.

We need a Marco Silva, a Jose circa 2002, not a Conte, a Zidane, a Carlo.

It pains me to say it, but Big Oil called it, we dont need a top class manager that comes in and gets us fighting, buying a load of finished 29 year olds, we need a Moyes, not Moyes 2021, but Moyes 2003.

As a club we are nearer to the relegation spots than fighting for trophies.

Instead of continuing to run in quicksand, how about we just build a raft.
didn't we just finish the season 30 some points above the relegation spots... and like 6 points off 4th. I'm not being persnickety here but sounds like you are talking wham!

Unwittingly @Simon Buttle has started a new GOT tradition of trying to slip bread product / sandwich based puns into the thread. It's the new fish.

Back on topic - Brand's DOF roll is crucial in the next managerial appointment.
Puns is one thing but thankfully the nice Mr Roydo says i don't need to put up with constant insults or being tagged into every related post

Status
Not open for further replies.