New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the worries about Nuno’s link to Mendes are lazy. I think Wolves owners are the major reasons behind Mendes double dipping and even triple dipping on deals in some cases. Clearly they have stakes in Mendes agency and him with the club.

While Mendes may be in Nunos ear here and there I think he’d still have to go through big Marcel anyway.
Dunno, nuno was Mendes´s first client. Met him in a nightclub and they have been close ever since. Nuno used to always prefer Mendes´s advice above the Wolves scouting team

I'm not sure that would necessarily be his approach to full time management, it seemed like he just felt it was the best way to get a response out of the team and crowd in the short term. By all accounts he's actually a good coach and tactically astute. No way I want him taking the job though.
Good coach? Tactically astute?

Doesn't sound like the normal Everton managerial hiring criteria does it.

I keep changing my mind, what is out there realistically that we could get and Conte seemingly off the table....

Zidane, we should at least talk to him even if he says no, or could he replace Poch at PSG?
Poch if he was to leave PSG, good record at Spurs but ended badly
Id love Bielsa, not sure he would leave Leeds

Ten Hag has a good record with youth, as does Lampard (Long term project and all that).

Gallardo and seen by many as a risk for that reason, unknown on what he would bring but has an impressive CV, absolute beast as a player on the old Championship Manager. Over 53% win percentage at River plate, P339 W180 D92 L67, scored 588 conceded 300. Honours list below :-

Manager[edit]​

Could we get Emery from Villareal? We spoke to him once...... Won 4 Europa leagues and the highest win percentage in PSG`s history
Chuck a boat load of cash at Simone....

100% no one knows where the club are going or they are talking to, I just hope Moshiri goes big.

For me Simeone, Zidane, Emery or Bielsa or another big name, if not take a chance on Gallardo.

I keep seeing people say Nuno plays negative football, what's your take? I always thought Wolves were decent on the eye and had a good shape until this season but obviously there were reasons?

You are correct but we were becoming predictable and easy to read by other managers, I also believe fatigue from the mammoth season before just left some players flat footed and a little less energetic than before. We also at times we laboured against the teams struggling as they would just sit behind the ball. Teams need to progress, and attempts were made to change things around but without the correct personnel, attempts to move to a back 4 with only 1 recognized centre half on the pitch in Boly (who then misses a large amounts of games), Coady gets bullied against strong centre forwards like Chris Woods type player, so can struggle in a back 4. Poor recruitment in the summer meant we did not have the playing staff to go in the direction needed and then we got hit big time on injuries, we should have gone back to our trusted system, but the injuries really prevented us doing this and the season was just a pitiful in the end. This should not have meant Nuno departing but I do fear he would not have been able to turn it around and would have gone early into the new season after a poor start, hence the board making the tough decision, any manager needs a good pre-season to build on their stance going forward.

I actually wouldn't mind Ferguson. Don't get me wrong there's much better out there, but if we want to talk about "identity" etc then Ferguson is probably the perfect fit. We'd just need to find an assistant manager who's perfect for the job
At least we wouldn't see some of the weekend stroll performances of last season anda half. This shower certainly don't deserve an arm around the shoulder manager,more his hands around the neck approach. lol

What do you think Everton need.

Gun for hire, comes with better player pull. Better pedigree

Stable manager, not so exciting transfers. Will actually knuckle down for 2 years plus.

We have had both recently.

Silva Koeman and Martinez and Moyes were the stable type. Atleast they were supposed to be.

Carlo and arguably Big Sam were guns for hire. Albeit very different guns lol but both were quick fixes.

I’m of the humble opinion that Bill still has Moshiri’s ear, and we’re all well aware of the bond that remains between he and David Moyes. A conversation along the lines of “we tried the Fancy Dans....” may just swing it in his favour. Of course, I could be very wrong.
I think you probably are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.