2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
How different are all these people as coaches. I mean they all go to similar coaching schools to learn their trade don't they. How much can you actually coach a player or a team. I'm sure there are a few of them with innovative ideas but how different is it. Basic defending. Either zonal or man to man. Closing teams down high up the pitch or sitting back and waiting for them to come on to you. Getting the ball wide or going through the channels. What it all boils down to is how good a motivator the manager is. That's the difference. Making average players into believing they're good and making good players into believing they are great. The great managers all seem to have been great motivators. Stein, Busby, Shankly, Clough, Howard was a great motivator, players wanted to run through walls for him, Alex Ferguson another one. Dare I say it, Klipperty gets the best out of players. We need a great coach but we also need him to be a great motivator
Like the way you dropped in Alex Ferguson as almost an afterthought :) He will never be equalled. Only Clough who achieved with genuine small clubs can be spoken of in the same breath.

Precisely - which is why Evertonians need to give up the romantic sentimentality when taking managers and players to their hearts. They are here to do a job until a better one comes along. Judge them on their on-field performances, not on what heartwarming spoofery they dish up at press conferences or in the media. If you judged a player based on what they said, Seamus Coleman would be the most decorated player in the history of the club, rather than the face-planting glue-factory ingredient he has sadly transmogrified into.

I, for one, am looking forward to hounding the new manager out of our club. It's the least we deserve to enjoy.
I agree the sentimental peoples club hasn't gotten us anywhere at all. I really don't see a point in the existence of the club in this modern day other than a vessel to earn cash for certain people.

We are not entertaining, we don't compete for anything. The club isn't so media friendly. I just don't see the why anymore other than cash.

To be honest, I think this is spot on but I didnt want to admit it to myself when he was here!!!
I was the same i was thinking it will change its ancelotti he knows what hes doing. Been watching the game at home with my daughters (5) for last 18 months my eldest is everton mad shes 19 and said ages ago dad were not doing anything its same week in week out nothings any different you need Take the carlo goggles off. Sadly i had to agree as there was no defending majority of the performances.

E23V1W5VUAglVEj.jpeg

We’ve had managers leave and get sacked in the past but we’ve never been left in the ship like this before

Moyes hurt at the time but he left us with a 6th place finish, a decent squad with a few good young players, and a 45m profit from his last piece of transfer business - definitely something to build on

Ancelotti might well have knackered us, with what he did while he was here and the effect this will have on the squad

Nob head

You weasel turncoat. Just here for the payday weren't you until a better thing came along don't let the door hit your backside on the way out. Thanks for wasting our time and money pal. Leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

This whole situation stinks, did he have a I can leave when ever I want clause or something. We literally rolled over, no fight nothing. No word on compo nothing

Something happened before the SU game, reports came out that he said to the players something about Do you want to be here or not, if you don’t leave. Then SU beat us and his entire demeanour changed. He started to slag off the players in pressers, looked really unhappy and looked disinterested

So did we get any form of fee or compensation considering he had multiple years on his contract? Haven't seen any mention anywhere

Is that real?

What an absolute snake of a man. That's so disrespectful. If they play the rs do you go to just boo him and the rs? I used
Embarrassing stuff that.

Have you not cottoned on to the fact that in football nobody cares about you or your feelings?

Players and managers want to earn as much as possible from the game and win things. When a better offer comes along, they take it.

Madrid are superior to Everton in every way unfortunately.

I couldn’t care less. He was paid a fortune, did ok to begin with before things went south and never improved. It’s really not that big of a loss based on the 18months he was here.

That's your view. I align more with that and think it's pretty accurate.

Buy if you're explanation for everything is this why even pick a team? Who cares who wins? Like if you're not going to allow yourself or even atleast others to make ancelotti a villain for leaving and how he did it.

Then who can be a villain? Only people who commit actual crimes?

I like the sport so I can get being able to just watch it, enjoy it, take it for what it is and move on. But like posting this on a messageboard for supporters of a team? I don't think it's really the crowd for it. It's just gonna fall on deaf ears.

Something happened before the SU game, reports came out that he said to the players something about Do you want to be here or not, if you don’t leave. Then SU beat us and his entire demeanour changed. He started to slag off the players in pressers, looked really unhappy and looked disinterested

Is this something that happened and has been reported or just your theory?

Because they looked like dog bleep for 2 months before the su game homie. If he's got all his stuff going on the su match and that's the straw that broke that camel looking after just looking like consistent dog for 2 months then his senile ass can enjoy Madrid.

Old worthless sack of bones. He of course will and can. But I don't know how your ass can call out players and stuff after that. You the biggest quitter fraud I ever saw across sports. Doug Marrone is up there in the NFL with what he did. Saban did Miami dirty. But idk I never been on the receiving end of it like this in football and I'm trying to think of managers leaving other clubs were I was like oh that was scummy.

Even moyes didn't bother me. I get it's real Madrid but you've already done that. I guess that's the thing where I'm like I don't get it. And it's not even like 10 20 years ago. Like it was just 5-7 years ago.

I don't know oh well effem

Status
Not open for further replies.