New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 and a bit seasons indicate that he didn’t have a chance to do anything. Apart from give us our biggest ever away record in 30 years and the most points in the last 5

So yes, progress was made
Countered with a terrible home record. (Not that it matters, points are points).

The biggest thing he did in his time here was get the Anfield thing off our backs. The next manager has a clean slate regarding that now.

What’s Gary Rowett doing these days?

Wasn’t he an ex blue carving out a promising rep for himself?

Something happened to him?l that I can’t quite remember.
I think he had a bad spell with Derby, and then didn't do a great job with his next club. Bit like Steve Coterell back in the day, was highly rated and then his star waned.

I voted Conte because he's the best manager on that list, but I don't think we'll get him. From the rest, I'm surprised to find myself leaning towards Duncan Ferguson. After all the dross of the past few years, the idea of giving it to someone with real love for the club and fire in his belly is pretty appealing. I just want to enjoy football again.

R

We would go absolutely nowhere under Dunc. In the 3 games he played 1 was great the other two were horrific.

Think he has to leave the club and manage elswhere for a period and prove himself before getting a gig here (I dont think he wants the main job himself based on his comments before Carlo was appointed).

For me we need to avoid these types of names and bring in an experienced man but someone who prides their team on playing hard, fast pressing football with good fitness regimes in place - something that we severely lacked under Carlo.

I don't think any of us can say it we would go nowhere under him or not.

However it would be a massively risky appointment, not one that I think we should be taking right now.

We need a manager with passion that will run up and down the touchline , scream and act like a loon. I've always said that while the players saw Ancelotti as a father figure he had zero motivation if things didn't go right. We neither have an natural leaders on the pitch to rally the troops.
Conte is that type but I can't see him coming here . Simone is another but theres no chance of that happening.

Problem with Everton is although we all say we want young hungry manager as soon as results go south they are under pressure... So you need someone who can get a level of results whilst rebuilding and implementing a style, tough one.

TBF I think that’s overblown - a manager that had us playing in the style we like would get time from the fan base; one that had returned to the crab style wouldn’t.

Carlo himself was the best advert for that - the away results were great, but the performances generally were not.

I honestly don't know who I want to get the job.

Part of me wants a top level manager - a Conte or Pochettino...

But then the other part of me thinks a young manager on an upward trajectory (a Potter or similar - not saying specifically him) is a better shout. Someone who is going to see us as a huge opportunity, and be hungry to make it work.

Obviously the benefits of getting a Conte are clear - he's a top level boss, and would command respect... but then will we just end up in exactly the same situation in 12 months, when he jumps ship to the first CL club that flashes a bit of ankle? And we've got enough players who think we're beneath them, do we really want that in a manager too?

Honestly no idea.
I would rather get a top drawer manager who if he leaves his contract early has to pay us than get a nomark on a 4 year contract who we have to pay off to leave after 2 years.
Aim high you can always lower your sights,If you aim low you end up shooting yourself in the foot.

We need a manager with passion that will run up and down the touchline , scream and act like a loon. I've always said that while the players saw Ancelotti as a father figure he had zero motivation if things didn't go right. We neither have an natural leaders on the pitch to rally the troops.
Conte is that type but I can't see him coming here . Simone is another but theres no chance of that happening.

bastardry / snidery has been missing from this club for far too long

Surely if the board were working on this they would have identified their target and should be putting proposals to them last night or today... BUT this is Everton and they will drag their heels as per usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.