New Everton Stadium Discussion

What would make it "special on the inside", out of curiosity? Stadia are banks of seats surrounding a pitch. There's a limited amount that can be done. In the case of BMD, the banks have been kept as steep as is allowed, and as close to the pitch as is allowed.

The location and outside of the stadium are nothing short of iconic.
Pity about the whole Board/ Management structure and team though

Putting in plastic seats isn't going to put an extra 13,000 people in the ground and it's going to be pretty much impossible to extend the ground itself because it's surrounded by houses and we're not going to do what Liverpool did and drive people out of their homes just so we can build a bigger stand

I don't want to be rude here, but it really sounds like you have zero understanding of the situation and are debating purely from a position of ignorance on this matter

You're wrong about this

As your fellow Americans like to say, "Take the L"
Guys I know a lot of the things you're telling me. You're the third or fourth person to say "we can't expand the ground" which I know and have still never said we should do.

Good, so stop saying stupid [Poor language removed]. We have legislation over here which protects people’s rights; such as light, noise pollution (so throwing an extra tier onto the bullens will affect Doris who has lived in her 2 up 2 down for 50 years), traffic management etc

So has you stated, you’re not an expert so kindly pipe down
Again, not suggesting building onto the existing place. I haven't done it a single time. Stop telling me we can't because I know and am not saying to.

It will be up to all of us to not make it as lifeless as City, Arsenal, Tottenhams or West Hams stadiums are - but it is a worry ALL those grounds are morgues. Problem is new builds are pretty much samey inside, ours will be a royal blue seated variant.
Don't be kidded, continue to languish where we have been for the last three decades and it will be like a morgue - and a far far worse morgue than Goodison has ever been on its worst days because at least it has so many memories, history and we love it. The next moves the board makes on and off the pitch will be crucial. I don't want to live out my last two or three decades hating our move.

It will be up to all of us to not make it as lifeless as City, Arsenal, Tottenhams or West Hams stadiums are - but it is a worry ALL those grounds are morgues. Problem is new builds are pretty much samey inside, ours will be a royal blue seated variant.
Don't be kidded, continue to languish where we have been for the last three decades and it will be like a morgue - and a far far worse morgue than Goodison has ever been on its worst days because at least it has so many memories, history and we love it. The next moves the board makes on and off the pitch will be crucial. I don't want to live out my last two or three decades hating our move.
Thank you for making me look less an idiot. Hopefully you're a match going fan.

So you're just playing dumb on the whole iconic stuff?
It absolutely is iconic in terms of location and exterior. Interior is tightly governed by regulations.

Its comparison to stadia thousands of miles away (and built under regulations and in circumstances completely different) is utterly irrelevant.

It absolutely is iconic in terms of location and exterior. Interior is tightly governed by regulations.

Its comparison to stadia thousands of miles away (and built under regulations and in circumstances completely different) is utterly irrelevant.
If that is the word you're using it is completely relevant

Ok. You're wrong (probably used to it by now) but fine. Well anyway, it will forever be irrelevant to you.
I'm not sure why people like to act like because I don't live within walking distance of the ground that it is irrelevant to me. But supporting the club it still matters and I'd still like to see us get it right.