2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone from being gutted to damned angry now.

There were people who were getting fed up of Carlo but I had backed him and was convinced he would do better next year despite a poor one this.

Feel a fool now.

Dropped us like a stone. We were nothing to him and it hurts cos for a short time he was everything to us and just for once it felt like we were back.

Devvod.

Or just simply Real Madrid came knocking and he couldn’t turn it down? Like most managers wouldn’t.

Most managers haven't already been there and done it, been sacked, and publically insisted there was nothing in it just a week previous.

I think he realised he wouldn't get the funding he was or thought he'd been promised - for whatever reason, but we are not in a strong financial position right now - and by the weekend he was in Madrid.

It seems odd timing, when this time last week he was having that meeting about what business to conduct this summer.

Either way, he's left us in the crap.

Taking that Madrid job goes against everything he has said in the last year. So the man is either a liar, or he has thought he's not going to get the backing he thinks he needed to turn this around here and has jumped ship.

There really isn't a single outcome besides either Conte or Zidane that doesn't end in fume.

I think if were going for a "big name" as the Spanish media reported then yes, it would need to be a Simeone, Conte or Zidane. Someone of equal standing reputation wise to Ancelotti.

Otherwise a Marcelo Gallardo (45) from River Plate goes down the South American road...and we seem to be trying to get into that market.

Someone perhaps equally as left field would be Sportings manager, Ruben Amorim (36) who did brilliantly at Braga and now brought Sporting a league and cup double.

I think its got to be either a name or something exciting like those two above.

Well, I think clearly something went down at that meeting last week.

The only thing i could think of is that Brands wanted to build from youth and Ancelotti wanted experience.

However, i think hes just simply a hypocrite who has not only gone back on his contract and his word...but also proven himself to have lied over many years about wanting to stay at a club long term...

...hes simply jumped at the chance of Madrid despite everything else being extremely favourable towards him.

Otherwise a Marcelo Gallardo (45) from River Plate goes down the South American road...and we seem to be trying to get into that market.

Someone perhaps equally as left field would be Sportings manager, Ruben Amorim (36) who did brilliantly at Braga and now brought Sporting a league and cup double.
I don't think anyone at the club except Brands knows who either of those two is... and Brands won't get to pick the manager (though he should)

I think if were going for a "big name" as the Spanish media reported then yes, it would need to be a Simeone, Conte or Zidane. Someone of equal standing reputation wise to Ancelotti.

The only thing i could think of is that Brands wanted to build from youth and Ancelotti wanted experience.

However, i think hes just simply a hypocrite who has not only gone back on his contract and his word...but also proven himself to have lied over many years about wanting to stay at a club long term...

...hes simply jumped at the chance of Madrid despite everything else being extremely favourable towards him.
I understand where you're coming from but the average match going fan probably won't have heard of either Gallardo or Amorim. I know I haven't a clue about either.

I was just saying it would have to be the Simeone or Conte level for people to get excited and not have the majority of the fan base either not have a clue about him or be upset at the choice.

Whenever a manager leaves, don't players typically put out "thanks gaffer" type of stuff out on the socials?
Find it a bit odd that not one has, except for Small thanking him for giving him his debut.

Lost a lot of respect for the bloke. Not that he’ll care, like, but it’s the way he’s just p****d off and left us holding our collective c****
Now, us being so utterly hopeless and useless as to have banked everything on Ancelotti is clearly also an issue - which isn’t on Ancelotti. Similar to how Ancelotti choosing to bank his out creativity on James, who couldn’t stay fit, isn’t on James

I understand where you're coming from but the average match going fan probably won't have heard of either Gallardo or Amorim. I know I haven't a clue about either.

I was just saying it would have to be the Simeone or Conte level for people to get excited and not have the majority of the fan base either not have a clue about him or be upset at the choice.
I still think Favre of manages who are available would suit us. Has an identity / style of play, always happy to blood youth

I do need to read up more on why it went wrong at Dortmund, though

Thats why it would be a good thing.

If today we suddenly announced Gallardo then after the initial shock of wondering who he is...you then look into him and start thinking it could be exciting to see what he can do.

Same with the Sporting manager.

If we cant get a "hollywood manager" then we should go for someone successful, highly rated and young...

Nothing in the middle like one of the average managers touted in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.