2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm disappointed in Carlo here. Obviously when Real Madrid come calling, it's hard to turn them down. Yet i feel that Carlo has done the dirty on us. I suppose loyalty just doesn't exist, in the modern game anymore. Oh well the Ancelotti era at Everton is over, so let's just hope the board get the next managerial appointment right. Ideally i'd like to see us hire an upcoming manager from la liga or the bundesliga. Whoever it is we need to get this right.

Why would they hand in transfer requests?

Why would they not wait to see who the next manager will be.

Maybe you think Madrid will buy them all?

Madrid are strapped for money and won't be spending big.

I could see JR leave but again it depends on who our next manager is.
I think they will know its downhill from here most likely..

He will settle a score. He will win the lot at Madrid as we go through 3 managers in the time he does it.
I hope he gets sacked half way through the season. Florentino fired him after winning the décima and after that team had played some of the best Madrid football the year before. Perez will do exactly the same if Ancelotti doesn’t give him results right away.

Long long longgggg given up on that. They've been crap under 4 managers.
Its really time to accept they're the real problem.
The problem is our football for years has been to slow passing back to much and we have got in a rut, tbh Carlo hasnt even got us out of that rut. His style of football was no better than the other before him, I expected much much more. Don’t give up im sure some of these players will come good, hopefully it’s the younger ones and we can build from there. I’m actually looking forward to next season, was Carlo/James really suited to Everton? I’ll let you decide.

Someone posted that there were disagreements between Brands and Ancellotti over transfer strategy with Brands wanting younger players whose value could appreciate and Ancellotti wanting older, but proven players who would come in and make instant impact. If true, then Ancellotti has probably said, 'see ya' if you can't deliver what I think I need, rather than what the bank needs.

I also think the house break in didn't help, but if we really ever did have any money to spend, I would have trusted Carlo over Brands any day of the week.

Did we really need a Director of football when we have (had) one of the worlds greatest mangers? In hindsight, maybe he was sending a message to the board by not playing King (who was all we could muster in January when we could have kicked on) or naming a full subs bench or putting 2 Keepers on the bench.

When all he could turn to to change a game was Bernard, Iwobi or Delph, he really knew the size of the task. I'll bet his agent proactively contacted Madrid the second Zidane left.

I remember the dread to the build ups to Wimbledon and Coventry, the Villareal robbery then the Bucharest capitulation and blowing our chance to get going again as a club. Also too many other low moments to. mention since 1987 (bar 95, 2004/5 and 13/14), but somehow this feels like the biggest disappointment. No idea why. Just does.

Want Bielsa now for a bit of Murderball in training. That'll sort some of our sorry shower out.

Now where is that bleach...

Dry your eyes, it’s embarrassing.

Football is football. Bigger team comes in, target leaves. The way it’s been for years and years.

The bloke’s been here less than 2 years and owes us nothing, nor does he have any ties to us.
Owes us nothing, correct.

Should not tell lies to a group of people who've idolised him and got out of their way to take him as one of their own. You'd think, but evidently not. He's a snake and his gentleman persona is obviously a complete facade.

I see the wage cut crap is already being spread around.

for the 100th time....foreign media report wages as net, UK as gross.

So spanish media saying “carlo will earn 6million” means thats what he will take home!!
Yep he gets Neto....always rated him

Christopher Galtier. Lille. Very good record and ideal for us.
However, I've no idea if he speaks English

Yep, he should definitely be in the conversation. A long stint and cup victory at a mid-level club in Saint Etienne before taking Lille from a relegation fight to two top four finishes and then eventually a title. Exactly the record that we should be looking at.

Lucien Favre is another. I think he got both Gladbach and Nice into the Champions league which shows he can adapt to different leagues and succeed. These are the types of CVs that Brands should be looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.